Gelato Outdoor, Thread Is she done?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Q_17, Mar 30, 2021.

1. I would image a lean-to type of cover especially when rain is expected with a fan 24/7 would be the ticket

• Like Like x 1
  2. Really only local experience will tell you for sure. I'd try several approaches. When I started back up growing this time in 2012 I tried any and every wild ass plan that I thought might work.

I didn't have anybody out in front of me blazing a trail in the wilderness. First run was store clones and they all promptly flowered. Was the start of something great. :)

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  3. will definitely play it the best way possible, as the time rolls on.
    Praying pests and the mold now won’t be an issue, or will have to go back to original plan of indoor 4x4, with mums in the veg tubs

Thanks for tips all.
    Maybe pulling her over is the best idea to spread the growth out and up, instead of just up. Possibly will be the way to keep her thin enough for enough airflow.

If money wasn’t an issue I’d freaking build a greenhouse and throw a swamp cooler in it.
    actually as I type that wouldn’t be to hard to do...... window units are inexpensive, and plenty to run during the day and just use dehumidifier at night,

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. (Local experience) loose lips sink ships if you know what I mean. Keeping the meds to our shelves only. You friendly gents are as far as knowledgeable tips I’ll go after. Even that isn’t protected these days...

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. It gets really damp in Michigan around harvest time. I have my grow cage set up so I can cover my plants not long after they start flowering with reinforced plastic to keep the buds dry. I also have 4-52" ceiling fans that I run 24/7 in a 20x30 enclosure. Since doing this 8+ years ago I haven't had a problem with bud rot.

Here it is
    20200913_152414.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Holy moly, that’s great! Wish I had this kind of property. Do you supplement light to help with the solid sides?

Glad to know it does work enough to help.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Move to the SE. For the most part land is cheap

8. SE, as the general 3 or 4 states or SE of a particular state?

• Like Like x 1

9. The general 3 or 4. Well I think of FL, GA, AL, MS

MS probably being the cheapest and also newly legal there

• Like Like x 1
  10. I have an acre or so in the back I may try and do some trees

11. Yeah already some what in one of those states lol.
    I really only will have the daily 2pm thunderstorm coming off the coast from June to August to worry about. And the lentoo idea I think is best.
    We were planning on using the thick black garden shade cloth in the back yard already to give the kids, dogs and lizard shade come summertime when sun is directly up.
    The high humidity will be taken care with plenty of fans out side anyways, with wifey being 35 weeks it’s already a must ahaha.

• Like Like x 2
  12. #32 puffnstuff1960, Apr 1, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
    Do you supplement light to help with the solid sides?
    No lights, three sides my plants (12) are 4 feet away, the south side, right in the picture, the plants are 8 feet away so they get no shade from the wall.

Heres an inside picture. From the south corner. The far-right was all Gelato.
    20210401_123133.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. Gotcha, didn’t know how the sun sits in the sky there in Michigan.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Didn’t see the picture until now,
    Holy cow! Definitely didn’t look like that from the other pic!! This is sick! I need to find some land quick!!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thank goodness, came home from the 4 hour baby dr visit and yesss we have some sprouts!
    Looks like ChemDog Gorilla, and the orange cookies x nichole ( which I can’t find any info on)
    Also looks like the smaller of the 3 clones is dying off.

IMG_3051.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  16. I believe the Orange cookies x Nicole cross is a Seedsman creation. Ive got one going right now too.

This is the info I’ve found about each strain itself.
    D2AE3E6A-DD3A-4584-A3DC-6983F7F4D768.jpeg BE4D74D6-A346-44DB-9AC4-A5A923CB87AC.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  17. Appreciate it man. I was about to start relaxing and doing some research.
    And yeah they came in the payment bundle as freebies from Seedsman

• Like Like x 1
  18. Yeah I think Seedsman started giving these out as freebies towards end of last year, early this year.

Followed a grow on Reddit but it’s only in week 3 of flower so not much to look at yet.

19. Do they look to be a sativa dom?

20. The one I saw looked more Nicole dom, which is indica.
    The Orange cookies probably could express some sativa traits, I’m hoping I get a more sativa leaning one on my end.