Gelato Outdoor, Thread Is she done?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Q_17, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Gotta love the south,
    After a bum start with two males, two Seedsman’s auto seeds not sprouting,
    I had a gelato seed sprouted in 24/0 two weeks of stunted growth due to over watering,
    Placed in the window with 80/20 sun/shade and until on its 4th set of leaves when I put it out side. After two weeks on the road, We’ve got great news!
    It’s a girl!
    Finally, better outlook for the season,

After @BrassNwood ‘s effective research, we must use the sun to its advantage so we will try and get on the cycle as close to possible as he runs,
    only thing is, flowering girls have to stay low, can’t have 6’ exotics So won’t be planning for any veg time,

I’ll try and keep this going
    IMG_3042.JPG IMG_3043.JPG

So, decided to try and clone the bottom 3

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 4
  2. I'm late and off cycle as well so we all get to blame it on CHINA and the damned WOOFLU.
    LOL.
    I just started setting out yesterday. Harvested the winter plants in the morning and had the holes refilled by afternoon. :)

I try and take my clones a few days before setout but as long as they don't get to deep in flower they'll still take.

To tall plants can be bent even after the main stem gets hard. Crush a 12 inch or longer zone where you want the bend. Take a wide mouth pair of pliers to her and abuse her.

Grip the top and while pulling over start to crush. Keep pulling and crushing until she is bent over where your happy. Tie her down as she'll still try and straighten up even with the damage..

The crush acts as strain relief and fluids still flow past the damage and the top keep growing on the horizontal.

Bent without the crush results in a "SNAP" that kills everything above it.

BNW

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Ahhh man f this China crap. Wife and I were going to buy our 1st house, first shot I had for a 6 figure year. And boom. Yepp. So drives up and down around the east coast to chase money it is for the time being
    Until camping world picks up our products, then it’s another story LOL.

Ahhh I’m not sure It need to bend/crush this one lol. Even if it “triples” in height the next 10weeks
    Until Theres a nice supply of meds in the cabinet, don’t plan on using much veg time past rooting of the clones. Maybe enough to top and get two mains going.
    That’s a crazy way to bend it over but it sounds like it’ll work on large main stalks. LOL definitely using and abusing her! Ahaha

She actually went out on March 16th. So I was literally a day off your schedule LOL so got a head start on ya! Haha
    yet to ever been able to have a successful clone root. So hopefully the three little scrawny branches root and give us a mom and two more.
    Since hight is the issue, wondering about doing two upside down topsy turvy, style and one on the ground of the three if they all root.
    Wonder which will prove better?
    Also noticed one big dif is yours are in the ground. probably will not go bigger then 10gal from the 3gal it’s in now. Clones will go right to 10 gal.

Threw 4 seeds in the tray with the clones, last night.
    1x Candyland (GoG Seedsman)
    1x Whiet widow (Seedsman)
    1x orange cookies x nichole (Seedsman)
    1x chemDog Gorilla (expert seeds)

Hopefully they sprout. And the cuts root.

4. I'm in the south as well. Are you getting a harvest in before the summer solstice?

• Like Like x 1
  5. I've thought about throwing some out in the garden for shits and giggles but figured they wouldn't have time to finish

6. #6 puffnstuff1960, Mar 31, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2021

I grew Gelato last year, a good call on the short veg. Fantastic producer, I averaged pound in a half per plant. Best ever for me.

Edit: that was with a 10-week veg.

• Like Like x 1
  7. hoping to,
    Havent tried it yet, this is a first time try. 10 weeks even 12 weeks from now, the sun should still be good cause light is about 13hours a day or so. With out looking at the tables to know exactly.

How ever, I have learned from guys like BnW, when starting indoors under 24/0, when you transfer out, anything less then 14-15 hours of light they will flower. He is able to get 4 harvests a year this way.
    Only thing I think I learned was the clones going out in June will veg a couple weeks longer,
    Other cycles like when dropped outside In March flower al the way thru.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Heck yeah! One day the balls will drop enough to try and veg a lb’er. Outside. Not just yet around this parts. Clone to flower for now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. #9 BrassNwood, Mar 31, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    Joe, We had vegged plants to set out. They were already a month or more old. You might get a seed to harvest set to run. It takes about a month for a seedling to become light aware and flower. You have 60 days left till June 1st. I'd try it. You can keep pushing flower into June but eventually she's start to reveg and it's done packing on flower. They will be small 12-16 inches at best but if you do a lot of them the little ones do add up.

Usually we do both veg and flower concurrently. When I harvest I start more seeds the same day but I already have a set fully vegged ready to go out..

Start seeds, 10 weeks in veg. Set out to flower. 10 weeks in flower. I start a new set of plants, seed or clones every 10 weeks.

Summer throws a wrench in things but once you get it fiqured out it comes in stride as well.

June 1st = Harvest, Take Clones from veggers, Set out vegged Plants.

June and July are the only Veg Months outside. By August 1st the days have shortened enough to trigger flower. 10 weeks later plants are done.

Oct 15th = Harvest, Take Clones from veggers. Set out vegged plants, 10 week flower.
    Jan 1st = Same. 10 week flower
    March 15th = Same. 10 week flower.

It works best with a warm indoor / protected veg area. I was getting it done in an old garden shed with T5 high outputs but it needs monitoring hot light and all.

COVID hit, my help left the state, My wife has us hibernating out of town and it put the screws to my usually fabulous grow. Now looks like something you should hit with the weed whacker and put out of its misery.

Despite that I still get at least a bit of bud so all is not lost.

Plant them suckers and we'll coach you to the best finish you can get considering the late start.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. I bent it when it reached 6' because of the height restriction.

• Like Like x 2

11. Shoot when it comes time to chop, the wife and kids needs a vacation. Well come help cut/ trim. Thankfully I can “mow” the yard here with one battery ona ryobi 18v whip. Once it starts raining every day it’s going to be a jungle and I’ll need to invest in a mower.

I’m hoping these dang seeds germ, so come June we have some varieties out there.
    Already emailed seedsman about replacements ,let’s see.

To the plant matters:
    Currently using just the basic FF triple bottled nutes for flower. Havent had any time to water with a veg round, so soil was originally amended with a ton of worm castings before planted into this 3gal.
    Plus cal mag

Last night fed her the first round of bloom nutes.
    Pd’ed tap to 6.0
    1950ppm

Also after taking cuts, Got ride of the lower leafs and branches. That’s all the training she will get, unless you guys think I’d increase any yields by training now? Was just planning on leaving it be other then the lolipopping.

-Smoke one

• Like Like x 2
  12. [​IMG]

Yesterdays planting. More to get in the ground today.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Nice! Ahhh these seeds better pop!!

What do y’all recommend I grab, got offered some replacements for the autos that didn’t pop. Already have, 3x gelato.og, 2x ww, 2x bb.

IMG_3044.JPG

Morning shot!
    BnW you got me beat bro for sure!
    IMG_3048.JPG IMG_3049.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  14. Blueberry was a winner for me. I'd love to lay my hands on it again..
    I've run White Widow and it can flower 20 weeks and take more. I took mine pair down after Jan 1st as I remember. Real brain scrambler stuff. Me like... Heh.

BNW

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Great, not liking the sound of that on the ww.

I’ve always wanted blueberry, had some flower 15 years ago. Freaking tasted amazing,
    I do have three of them to pop,

I ended up grabbing more strawberry cheesecake autos,and peyote forum.

16. I really don't even want to deal with the weather down here trying to get a harvest in before summer. I'll have a few lbers for the fall harvest

17. Yeah man, some parts are able to get it done no problem, some have a lot of weather issues.

I will admit along with the China virus, the weather has been topsy turvy. We are getting a freak cold front. To wake up in the 40s here going into April is redic, should be getting daily thunderstorms soon, 95 degrees, 90% humidity.

18. Agreed. Low 30s high 20s for the low tonight here. Absurd

19. If your prone to really high humidity consider thinning the main cola as it develops and limit it to 50%. Remove every other bud site climbing the ladder. Y then remove one from each side, skip a set and so on. One of the long gone South Florida growers used this. Said he'd rather get half a crop then nothing at all. Just planted more.

Run one each way and see which comes out cleaner. Here near the beach I run in the 40% most of the time. Can drop to single numbers when the offshore desert winds get cranking. Never do have to deal with mold.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  20. I did have bud rot slam the top half of my main cola on my last outdoor run. makes perfect since to thin it out, but damn sounds so rough, could I get away from this needed trauma by running under a clear roof? Basically a open ended greenhouse? I also can run a fan on her 24/7 even outside if need be.

• Like Like x 1