Fuck You Microsoft

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by Blix, May 13, 2018.

1. ICG doing the powershelling :D

But yeah guys don't be afraid of systems like Ubuntu, they are very user friendly nowadays. I even program on the MS stack and only time I boot windows is when I want to play some games (eGPU).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. The computer I bought for my biz comes with an OS version called "Windows 10 Pro for Workstation". Doesn't have any games or other bloatware. Definitely prefer to download stuff if I want it but otherwise keep the machine clean.

3. The varieties of Linux available for a test drive are endless; I'm a big fan of Puppy derivatives, for their speed and relatively small foot print (live CD vs live DVD - or USB drive)
    DistroWatch.com: Puppy Linux
    puppy.png

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fuck Microsoft. Linux is the way to go. Much more anonymous on the internet with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I worked as a systems engineer and at one time taught microsoft certifications, for those shooting for thier MCSE in particular. With that said, the reason i worked specifically with microshaft is because there will ALWAYS be shit to fix with thier products and that means job security. That sucks for the average user because most dont know the finer details and struggle. To be honest, i haven't even turned my pc on in almost a year. Just tired of the bullshit...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. #27 natas-420, Jun 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
    I've been using Debian for about 8 months now. And I ask myself, why do I still have that Win7/NTFS partition...

7. You can use LogMeIn Hamachi, it's cross platform and free for the end user.
    vpn.net

8. I'm trying out my Mixed Reality headset and I can't fucking figure out how to turn.
    Microsoft's site is useless, as is Google.

I just want to use a Mouse and Keyboard to navigate and it's fucking ridiculous
    that I can't fucking turn to the left or right without having to turn my fucking head.
    It's fucking uncomfortable to keep my head turned at a 90 degree angle for a few
    minutes. Hours would be agony.

9. Ah yeah, VR never really hit a home run with me but it's getting more and more common in competitive gaming.

10. Found it.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4040517/windows-10-controllers-windows-mixed-reality

Don't know why I couldn't find this the other day.
    Apparently what I was trying to do isn't possible with mouse and keyboard.
    I don't know why not, but oh well.

It's supposed to work with a game controller. Don't know if it has to be an
    X-Box controller or if any one will do. I'll find out tonight.

Edit: Yeah, looks like it has to be an X-Box controller. Oh well, I'll have to get one.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Excellent. My Brother has an extra X-Box controller.
    I'll pick it up in a few days.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Sadly the Boss of the new system is RIP...

13. #34 Windy5000, Jan 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    I love microsoft too!

However i would like to say fuck you microsoft for holding back on universal features that would make it great platform; worthy on the price of each release i think not, blatant hold backs. It's obvious that the team of strategic advisers working for Mr Gates are incompetent. Apple Inc can be the losers they are the same time too.

Edited: Redacted due to MS EDGE Update! :bongin:

-Snoo

14. Pretty much everything Microsoft has ever done has been ripped off from other companies, e.g. I was working with Xerox's XNS six years before Microsoft released their clone of it, called "Windows". I remember laughing when I discovered every one of the extended keyboard functions (Ctrl+A/C/X/V/etc) were identical between the two OS's.

15. Windows 7 support has ended, so now I upgraded to windows 10... Microsoft Edge is the fucking shittiest browser I have ever used, ever... I can't even uninstall it.

16. Despite it's flaws i think it's like the best browser ever.
    No other allows you to save set tabs to be recalled, now if only they would let us save and categorize them too!

17. You can also use IE. Just left click the Start/Menu button and start typing Internet...

:smoke:

18. Apple is better and easier than windows in my opinion

• Like Like x 1
  19. I just use chrome because I like to tab out to my browser while i'm gaming and listen to Youtube in the background; any time I tab out from my game into edge, the thing freezes up for a good 10 seconds, where as with Chrome, I don't have this problem at all, not even remotely, no freeze up or slow down at all, instantaneous and responsive.

Kind of a niche thing, but typically when I tab out from a game, I only have 10-15 seconds to browse around for my next video, Edge just fucks my groove all up in that respect.