Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

DIY: Stash box/Tray (safe? ideas?)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by Butterfly3, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Hey! I hope everyone is doing really good.

I was curious if anyone had any stash boxes and/or trays that YOU'VE made yourself? I think some are really good ideas. OR if you have your own, I wouldn't mind hearing what it looks like or seeing yours. Well if you say yes, you know you have to post a picture :p

I've seen some DIYs on YT, and it got me just now thinking if it's actually safe to use. I've not yet looked at what are the ingredients in whatever you're putting on the tray/box. Plus it dries. But I mean if you have it in the sun for a long period of time or... something else, do you think or has it been a problem for you?

2. Putting on the box? Like a wax or boiled linseed oil? That's what I use on my carvings. Or paint. Haven't made a stash box but that's a great idea. A couple owls and trying an Easter island head. A Christmas pickle for my German folks. Lol. And a little spoon for camping [​IMG]

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. [​IMG]

Not handmade or DIY but works very very well for how much it cost I have the purple one. I can cram a q in it a little squished with no smell seepage at all and it only cost me under £10 from ebay .

• Like Like x 3
  4. I work with wood, have a cigar humidor, and have made boxes for MJ in the past, now just Ball jars. You don't want to finish the inside. Just give it a nice sand until smooth. Do what you will with the outside, but I would probably leave it unfinished as well because there really is no need. You want to use a wood such a mahogany and not something like cedar, which is used for cigars. There should be no problem using a wood glue.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. I've been looking for a stash box and tray setup for a while and can't find anything I really like.

6. Hi everyone, I'm new here and this thread caught my eye. I've also been looking for a stash box and this thread was the inspiration I needed to get me thinking of making one too. I'm not a really a DIY gal but I figure I could give it a go. Nice project but no idea where to start so I'll check out the youTube videos. Thanks for the ideas

7. I bought a humidor recently for pre rolled cones,it came with a pair of dividers...I wanted more,so I figured out a great way to build a couple more...and stumbled into a way to make top quality stash boxes....
    A good humidor is lined with cedar to hold a bit of moisture to control humidity. If you go to the grocery store..in the seafood department...they sell cedar planks for cooking fish and other things(I'm a professional cook...planking food is old school...)
    These cedar planks are,of course,food safe...and oddly enough -the same cedar in humidor! In an über convienent form...a couple millimeters thick and a decent size of length and width...like fine hobby wood. If you found an ornate or decorative box that you wanted to turn into a humidor type of box...just line it with fish planks cut to size...just remember, when the cedar gets wet...it expands slightly...a tight fit dry will still expand and/or warp if the pressure increases...leave a wee smidge of room for expansion.
    I haven't made one yet...but I'm considering it if I find a funky enough box that's the right size...