Dark Matter: Blake Crouch

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by Vee, Feb 1, 2020.

1. #1 Vee, Feb 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    [​IMG]
    "Are you happy with your life?"

Those are the last words Jason Dessen hears before the masked abductor knocks him unconscious.
    Before he awakens to find himself strapped to a gurney, surrounded by strangers in hazmat suits.
    Before a man Jason's never met smiles down at him and says, "Welcome back, my friend."

In this world he's woken up to, Jason's life is not the one he knows. His wife is not his wife. His son was never born. And Jason is not an ordinary college physics professor, but a celebrated genius who has achieved something remarkable. Something impossible.

Is it this world or the other that's the dream? And even if the home he remembers is real, how can Jason possibly make it back to the family he loves? The answers lie in a journey more wondrous and horrifying than anything he could've imagined—one that will force him to confront the darkest parts of himself even as he battles a terrifying, seemingly unbeatable foe.

From the author of the bestselling Wayward Pines trilogy, Dark Matter is a brilliantly plotted tale that is at once sweeping and intimate, mind-bendingly strange and profoundly human—a relentlessly surprising science-fiction thriller about choices, paths not taken, and how far we'll go to claim the lives we dream of.

Read it quick before it show's on tv..lol

TLDR: Score 8/10

2. Season 3 out now ...not seen it yet, but will catch up

3. [​IMG]
    From the same author

The mind-bending thrillers of Blake Crouch (Dark Matter, Pines) remind me of Michael Crichton at the top of his game, but peopled with more complex characters. After New York City detective Barry Sutton sees a woman jump off a ledge because she’s a victim of FMS—False Memory Syndrome—he decides to track down her story of suddenly remembering a whole life she apparently lived instead of her “real” one. The strangest aspect of FMS is that friends and family of the afflicted also remember portions of the false lives. Motivated by a tragedy in his own past he wishes he could change, Sutton is determined to find out whether FMS is truly false or the gate to a new, better life. Alternate-reality stories are tough to maintain while suspending the reader’s disbelief, but Crouch’s cinematic style makes every moment vibrant, suspenseful, and convincing as his heroes struggle to untangle an impossible solution
    its pushing the limits of my prose, toking weed the story does flow but in starts and stops..thats my fault
    I struggle to smoke and read, as above it would make a great film or tv .
    [​IMG]
    in short you die, then wake up on another timeline you are on, at about a great memory you have, to continue you life, so you don't really die...? No religion has covered this so far maybe Hindi's...?
    I need a stoner to read and assist me .....lolol