Couldn't I just use an all purpose dry amendment to feed the plant from veg to bloom?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Anonymous96, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Dr earth has an all purpose 2-2-2 dry amendment to top dress. If it's all purpose, couldn't I just use this to feed the plant during veg and bloom? It probably wouldn't be as big or the buds probably wouldn't be as thicc as if I was using a bloom dry amendment, but this is all purpose so woudnt it satisfy the macronutrients equally? Screenshot_20210412-225838_Home Depot.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. You could but you would get better results if you boost the P and K during flowering.

• Like Like x 1
  3. What about in a micro or nano grow?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I use Earth and Jobes along with mulch and Aloe. Will be including worm castings in my regular garden but not SIPs.

5. Size of the grow doesn't matter much in this regard because the size of the root are always in proportion to the plant and its the size of the root that determines how much nutrients can be uptaken.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. I use the doc earth tomato food as my base fertilizer.
    Home Grown Tomato, Vegetable & Herb Fertilizer – Dr Earth

I add a little bone meal, top dress some high N bat guano after the first week.

This is enough to carry a plant through to harvest without burning.

I use the same for my tomatoes and chilies, but I end up mixing a little more Dr Earth into the top couple inches after about 3 months with those.

When I used to grow in peat paste mix this is all I did, now I grow in a coco a base mix, and I start to add some liquid bloom food about 2 weeks into flour.

If you're going to use something like that as your primary food source, you need to make sure you add in some organic compost and worm castings, and let everything sit for at least a week, preferably a month to get all the life going to help break down the food.

Also be warned if you're using this outdoors, is critters love this stuff.
    If you talk to us with it all the animals in town will be digging up your pots or yard.

Sent from my phbgf uijj tplkjn

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Dr Earth would make a cool band name as well as good plant food.

• Like Like x 1
  8. If Dr. Dre and Earth Wind and Fire had a baby :biggrin:

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. I am using the nectar 1 shot. I like just using it to keep ur plants in the feeding zone. Water only in veg. Use flavor and trike enhancers in flower. I am finally happy with my weed

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Pretty sure buildasoil has flower-specific fertilizer blends, but I haven't looked into it personally

• Like Like x 1