Convince me to read a book with a quote.

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by illusionofI, Dec 31, 2019.

1. I had an idea for a thread I thought would be interesting. Using only a quote that is 50 words or less, try to pique the interest of fellow forum members in said book. I’ll start:

The Prophet
    Khalil Gibran
    “Is not dread of thirst when your well is full, the thirst that is unquenchable?”

• Like Like x 1
  2. The Stand
    Stephen King
    "He left the sweet thang that waited his table a dollar tip that was crawling with death."

• Like Like x 1
  3. "Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." ― Frank Herbert, Dune

• Like Like x 3
  4. I remember that one. Might be time for a read again.

5. One of my favorite books.

6. “Wendy? Darling? Light, of my life. I'm not gonna hurt ya. I'm just going to bash your brains in.”
    ― Stephen King, The Shining

• Like Like x 2
  7. "For the first time in my life I know what I want and I have what it takes to get me there. If you never experienced that I feel sorry for you. But it wasn't always like this. I been through fire to get here. I seen things and done things and had shit done to me that you couldn't barely credit. So be happy for me. And for fucksake don't get in my way."
    Tim Winton, The Shepherd's Hut

• Like Like x 1
  8. And Shahrazad perceived the dawn of day and ceased saying her permitted say.

9. “The gods do not protect fools. Fools are protected by more capable fools.”

• Like Like x 1