Can I use a tent in a large shed with no vents

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Benjic93, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Hey Grasscity, new here so be kind..

I'm planning on running a 1mx1mx2m tent inside a shed (W150cmxH250cmxL750cm) is a fairly long space. Problem is that it doesn't have any vents. It has concrete walls and stone chip on the outside and its a rented property so I can do anything to it.
    I've noticed there's small gaps running along the top of the walls connecting to the roof..

Planning on running a 6" t6 cloudline OR 6" hyperfan stealth (havnt decided yet) and carbon filter with a 5"or 6" inline fan.

I'll be growing in coco so I'll be in and out almost everyday so the door will be open everyday for atleast a hour or so.

Do you think it will be feasible? Fucking hope so, panicking now :(. Picture of the shed is below. Cheers

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Whats the temp in there. You can also vent into the shed and should be fine.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Is that a closed dryer and does it have a vent to the outside? Like the other gentleman asked, what are the temperature extremes in that grow space and what is the typical humidity in that grow space?

• Like Like x 2
  4. #4 DaPhats, Jan 2, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    Hell ya it's doable. There's always a way to find some ventilation. You can rig up some cardboard ducting to suck in air from the holes near the roof. You could get a free door off craigslist and drill some vents into it. Keep the original to put back on when you move out.

Are you using that dryer? Does it have an exhaust hole in the wall?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ranging from 10c at the minute but that's because outside is reaching 2c. I'm UK northwest. Planning on buying a heat mat and oil rad if needed. I have a humidifier and dehumidifier. People have told me ill just be recycling stale air and plants will die so just looking for a second opinion. Shed is pretty large to hold stale air

6. It is a dryer but a compact dryer so it has no need for a vent. Otherwise id toss it and use the vent lol. Temp sitting at 10c at the moment but thats without lights and heating I.e heat mat and oil rad if needed. Humidity is 40% but I have a humidifier and dehumidifier to battle it. I know once the set up is complete all the readings will change. I was just unsure if I was able to get away with it without exhausting outside. Was told ill recycle stale air and plants will die immediately but I reckon the shed is big enough to cycle air as there are gaps along the top walls

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. You know i didn't even think to just buy a new door!.. its a compact dryer so it doesn't need a vent.. would i necessarily need to build vents? I was hoping the shed space is large enough to hold fresh co2 and circulate? The holes aren't massive as you can't really tell on the picture, its just where its not secure as there is an outside Bush with branches creeping in so iknow there's gaps

8. See a plant is already growing in there.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Besides once you heat that shit up hot air rises out of the vents and cool air will replace it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I'm hoping so man, I have a dehumidifier to try and avoid mildew and things like that. I was just worried it was a NECESSITY to exhaust outside the grow area. I understand the plants will benefit more but they'll be some fresh air in there. With using coco I've read you have to water almost everyday day so I can open the shed door to replace the air

11. Exactly think it'll be ok.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thanks man, any recommendations on a quiet stealth fan while I've got you?? Either cloudline t6 or hyperfan stealth. Similar price in the UK so unsure

13. I dont know about fans but anything to move it help.

14. Or don’t vent at all and add Co2 with a monitor. You can push temps to the mid 80’s no problem with Co2 at 1500ppm plus

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. #15 DaPhats, Jan 2, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
    With that much space you'd probably only need to exchange the shed's air once a day. Coming in and out could be enough. From an automated POV I was thinking you could put an exhaust fan on the door and air would passively enter through the gaps near the roof. You could put it on a timer to run for 15 minutes every 12 or 24 hours.

You could get a free door on local free classifieds. People doing renovations are always throwing them away.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I think it would be perfect to run a CO2 set up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  17. You can do it, it will cost a few extra hundreds but as long as you can open everyday providing more oxygen and a good air circulation inside, I mean a good chain with:
    Set humidity and temp control in the room, and put air in and out of the tent as usual, keep the air in the room controlled so the intake of the tent is always the same.
    Concrete is very likely getting humidity problems, there is a few kind of latex painting you can use on it and prevent damage, or even pests.
    I'm sure landlord doesn't matter if you do a humidity prevent treatment in the walls
    All this included, it won't be as good as taking fresh air 24/7 in the tent.

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

18. I made an insulated shed room. Hardest part will be keeping temp.

19. no comments im using outside air for cooling. Temps are zero but inside its in the high 40s.