Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bad chemistry can kill!

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by iamme, Apr 29, 2021.

1. I've gotten some great advice from these forums over the years, but I want to correct some bad advice that I have seen repeated here and elsewhere many times.

1. Do not use Isopropyl alcohol in edibles, it is poison. Use a food grade ethyl alcohol like Everclear. You can use isopropyl for cleaning equipment but be sure to rinse thoroughly with water.
    2. Do not use denatured alcohol either. It is ethyl alcohol with nasty stuff added that can make you sick.
    3. The purpose of lecithin, which is used in many recipes, is an emulsifier. It helps keep the all the ingredients in your recipe mixture from separating.

Happy cooking!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Why would you try to eat iso dude lmaoooo

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I certainly would not but if you do a forum search for isopropyl there are about 200 posts here. A lot of them are about making edibles, not cleaning.

4. I wondered that too. It taste terrible.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. The Lecithin you see used is less for it emulsification abilities then for it's Bioavailability enhancing function.
    Liposomal Encapsulation is what we are aiming for.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1