Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ardent Nova

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Horsieman36, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Hi.
    Im just new here,Glad to be able to read some stories of how people are making edibles.Great help.
    Its all new to me these edibles but i have smoked all my life but due to COPD .I had to quit smoking.I would be grateful for any help.Im thinking of buying a Ardent Nova .Looking at one on Amazon for £72.My biggest problemis the smell of the green as i live in a apartment block.What would you recommend the handiest way to cook and to keep the smell down to a minimum.Be glad for any help

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 Joker1121, Nov 10, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
    There is a thread on the Ardent Nova with some good information. Check it out. Ardent Lift/Nova Reviews
    I just got mine and have only decarbed some wax in it one time and wasn't concerned with the odor. I understand if you let the unit cool before you open it there should be little odor. You can also infuse into your oil in the unit. You could use the oil as is to do away with most of the odor, or find no bake recipes. You may also find tinctures to be a solution. Another Tincture Thread - Try it, Youll like it. There is an index in the first post. The thread is long, so feel free to ask questions rather than read the whole thing. Best of luck, mate, and welcome to Grasscity. I'm glad I bought my Nova.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Thanks for your help

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. I own Ardent Nova/Lift and FX, and love them both.
    Nova/Lift has almost zero smell, but can hold only a half ounce or so of flower.
    Ardent FX holds about 4 times as much, and the extra herb does give it a small but noticeable smell.
    The FX infusion with lecithin is as good an infusion as I've tried. But it is expensive.
    I haven't infused in Nova/Lift, but it's very similar to the FX infusion.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hi
    I got my new Decarb box this week .I got myself 4 g of weed how long and what temp you reckon i cook it at/

7. "Decarb Box" sounds like a Magical Butter Machine product.
    Do you have a link to what you bought?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. :volcano:;)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Is anyone using the Nova to decarb concentrate? I decarbed 2.75 grams of wax and made 16 brownies. Very little effects from a 200 mg piece of brownie. I also decarbed 1.7 grams of shatter and made 27 Snickerdoodles with the same result. Very little effects. The only thing that changed was using the Nova rather than my oven. I have reached out to customer service. I'm really disappointed as I expected better effects, not less.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yes, a friend and I, used a nova fx to decarb 9 grams of sift hash. Worked great, but the weight after decarbing was a half gram lighter. We then made capsules (with 3 grams) at 47mg each. And the capsules are good for a somewhat soaring 6 hour ride.

Are your concentrates legit? or maybe the nova is not working at all. I ask because at the rates you used even lightly decarbed gear should have had an effect. 200mg is stronger than ive ever attempted.

• Like Like x 2
  11. This is the reason I haven't fully embraced the Nova, or any other gadget. You can't see if it's decarbing like you can when doing it manually. You assume that it worked but you won't know until you use it and then it's too late unless it's oil that you can decarb afterward but not once you used it.

How long did it take to decarb? :huh:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. If you don't mind could you share their response?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. #15 Joker1121, Dec 23, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
    @PsychedelicSam, I'm not sure how long it took to decarb as I trusted the auto feature would work. I do know it was at least 90 minutes in the Nova. Yesterday I put my oven thermometer in the unit and ran it for 15 minutes then checked the thermometer and it was at 220F, at 30 minutes it was still at 220F. I quit checking and will wait to hear from Ardent. I'll certainly pass on that they say. I do decarb in a 50 ml beaker in the unit, but it's thin glass and shouldn't slow down the decarb.

• Like Like x 2
  14. I haven't heard from Ardent. I did reach out to a member who has used one for concentrate. He found decarbing concentrate with the Nova to be hit and miss and now uses a beaker and toaster oven where he can see what's going on. I think I'll try @PsychedelicSam 's method of decarbing on the stove in a pan of oil. The Nova will go on the shelf to use if I ever need to decarb bud.
    Maybe Ardent will have an answer- it hasn't been enough time to hear from them.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I heard from Ardent. They asked some good questions about where I was using the unit, what surface was it on, and how much I was decarbing. I got to thinking that even though the house is at 70, perhaps the laundry room was a bit chillier. I moved the Nova to the kitchen and checked it at 30, 40, and 50 minutes. At 50 minutes the bubbles have stopped forming. I feel confident this was a good decarb. My opening the Nova and checking the progress doesn't seem to have slowed things down. I'm waiting until Thursday or Friday to bake something. Haven't decided what. I decarbed 1.4 grams of shatter.
    Here is Ardent's reply- "
    Rudy Lopez (Ardent)

Dec 23, 2020, 17:48 EST

Hey Mary,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

We have a few questions for you to make sure we fully resolve this problem for you! :

1) What material is the surface the unit is on? (Wood, granite, etc)

2) What type of room is the unit being used in (Kitchen, bedroom, etc)

3) How many times a day do you run the unit? Have you ever run it more then once a day? If so how much time was between those cycles if any?

4) How much material are you putting in the unit when you decarb? How much material are you putting in the unit when/if you infuse?

5) Before using the Nova, what do you used to do to decarboxylate your concentrates?

Best,
    Rudy Lopez

Ardent Customer Service

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Here is the reply I received from Ardent today.
    Rudy Lopez (Ardent)

Dec 28, 2020, 17:51 EST

Hey

We find that some of our customers that are used to smoking or using ovens become quite accustomed to CBN rather then THC and notice the difference when this cannabinoid is less or not at all present. In fact, some that are completely new to the plant also prefer this method! This spread of cannabinoids plays into something called the Entourage Effect. This is a really interesting subject and worth a google!

To achieve similar levels of CBN as smoking or the over heating of an oven would you would simply need to over-decarb your product on purpose. To do this you would run the flower through one cycle with the unit - let the unit fully cool - and then run another cycle again.

The general idea is the more you overheat the higher levels of CBN and lower levels of THC you will achieve. We look forward to having more information on the exact levels at which the CBN rising and THC falls.

Hope this helps and feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Best,
    Rudy Lopez

Ardent Customer Service

• Like Like x 1
  17. Well, that's off the mark. That's stupid unless you want a sleepy time product. Doesn' t have anything to do with your issue, though. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. #20 Joker1121, Jan 2, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
    The last decarb of 1.4 grams of shatter seems to be fine. I monitored this decarb. I moved the Nova to the counter in a warmer room and that may have made a difference.

• Like Like x 2