Anyone pre-order a Cybertruck?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Bob Barker, Sep 18, 2020.

1. I don’t have the money for one Now but I did preorder one with the full self driving option. The way I look at it The $150 deposit is fully refundable. A cybertruck that’s fully autonomous with Tesla’s rideshare could be a income producer. Locking in a price now with the preorder could be huge in these times of hyperinflation. We have no idea what could happen with gasoline prices. We still have a year or 2 until the truck is ready. ​
    upload_2020-9-18_13-24-29.jpeg

https://www.tesla.com/cybertruck

2. Must be nice but to be honest that design is not appealing to me at all. Looks like something out of an 80s movie when they had a weird idea of how blocky and bulky high tech stuff would look like in this current year. Though to be fair maybe this would look better in black.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. If you think your money is fully refundable I suggest you Google how many thousand are being denied their refund back from elon. It's a sham company

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. #4 Chefboyardee, Sep 20, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
    Delorean status! Watched back to the future yesterday!

• Like Like x 2
  5. #5 Peaceful Dusk86, Sep 21, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    Speaking of Deloreans I heard they were planning producing new Deloreans for 2020. Of course we all know how that seems to have worked out for doing big things this year... I could be wrong but I believe this is what they were going to look like.Now this design right here is pretty bad ass looking in my opinion and one like that could easily compete with Lamborghini if they produce a pretty decent enough car.
    index.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. There are some pretty sweet wrap designs out there.

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. I’m not going to lose any sleep over it. We all can’t be believers.

bonus: battery day is tomorrow. It will be exciting to hear what’s developing.

8. I'm waiting for others to be guinea pigs and see how the truck works. I never buy the first year production of a vehicle. Did it one time and got burned.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. I hear you about waiting but you could lock in a price now and hyperinflation from the feds printing of trillions of dollars won’t effect the locked in price. I’m betting the price will be a lot more especially with the progression of full self driving.

10. If the truck is priced more than I think is appropriate, it won't be the first time.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hyper-inflation is so weimer republic and won't appear in this country. The U.S.S.A, although printing trillions, the liquidity is not funneling down to main street by the banks. (This is a reason why stock markets are up). This is one of the main reason a digital currency will be out very soon, with helicopter payments to everyone. They can control hyper inflation with digital dollars.

• Like Like x 1
  12. It will not make much difference if any fully electric Pick-ups are good or bad .
    Every pick up on todays market is producing excessive emissions.
    It sucks because a million diesel truck owners have modified fuel/air/exhaust that are producing more harmful emissions then the stock diesel engines .

Just so everyone knows once diesel engine smokes black ,,, that's it ,it will not create more horse power ....
    Smoking black is unburnt fuel and only more oxygen or less fuel will make the engine burn cleaner .

The EPA now have everything with a internal combustion engine is on the chopping block ..
    New law in California 2035 or 2037 is only electric trucks ( as in commercial trucks and private trucks can or will be LIC .
    Nothing that creates emissions that is a private pick up or a commercial carrier will get lic .....

So it makes no difference if we want a electric truck or not .
    If the feds say nothing that creates emissions will be aloud on the roads or hi ways .
    Then we will be forced into buying fully electric trucks .

Really if it wasn't for GM we wouldn't have near the pollution in the cities like we have now .
    The GM Trolley Conspiracy: What Really Happened - CBS News

• Like Like x 1
  13. The machine to build the machine is moving into place. The 9000 ton giga press will be game changing.

14. No self respecting rancher would consider driving something like that….
    Just sayin…
    Or will they be obsolete by then?:thumbsdown:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. #15 DaPhats, Nov 1, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2022
    FYI, no Tesla is fully autonomous. They're only level 2 driving systems or driver-aids. They have to be level 4-5 to be fully autonomous.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yes, it is still years away. But once it works FSD will be very expensive. Hopefully it’s level 5 when the cybertruck comes out. My preorder locked the price of fsd at $7000. If not I’ll just get a $100 refund. Seemed like a no-brainer to get a reservation.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Just saw a review of Fords new electric F150. Apparently it gets less than 100 miles of range when towing a trailer. :eek:

But if it's just a pavement princess for someone then it's not really a concern.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I talked to a guy towing a small airstream with a Rivian. He said he was getting 100 while towing. I told him he was a pioneer in EV RVing!
    A interesting idea is most RV parks have a flat rate no matter how much electricity you use with 50 amp hook ups. Recharge the vehicle at no extra cost.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Normally or i haven't yet parked my 5th wheel in a RV park .
    Its either state and national parks or off grid. 20200613_135940.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  20. My mom pre-ordered it, and it's been delayed several times.

Personally I'd rather order Hyundai's N74. Hydrogen electric hybrid.
    it's 670 HP and 664 lbs of torque.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3