Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cancer Anyone ever make Rick Simpson oil? Cancer

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Ehren, Apr 18, 2021.

1. My mom was diagnosed with colon cancer, had the surgery then found cancer in her lymph nodes! She doesn’t want chemo and wants to make this specific oil. She asked me for a Pound of marijuana which I do not have to make this oil. Is there something she can get from dispensary that’ll help her

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. The reason most people use RSO for treatment, instead of something else, is that RSO can be made very concentrated, and a smaller volume can be used.
    But if food volume isn't an issue, any edibles should work as well, assuming they provide the same total amount of thc.

Many dispensaries have RSO.

Failing that, the easiest thing for you to use to make medicine is concentrates.
    Concentrates can be decarbed, and then put into capsules with oil, or into any food.

Since rso can be made from flower, you could buy flower from a dispensary and make your own, but it does take a fair amount of effort.

My wife is a cancer survivor.
    My main treatment of her was to decarb dispensary concentrates, dissolve in oil, and put into capsules.
    This is almost the same as rso, but less concentrated, so a greater volume is needed.

CBD also has anti-cancer properties, but can harm sleep in some of us, even though it helps most people sleep.
    CBD plus sativa (slightly energetic) during the day, then a strong indica at night for sleep is a good strategy.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. She will need to get the full spectrum oil to kill any cancer. Edibles is better than nothing but it wont kill it. Keep looking until you can find it if you are wanting to tackle the cancer.
    Have her listen to some of the podcasts here to get a better understanding of what this kind of medicine is all about. There are literally hundreds of stories here. Cannabis Health Radio

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. RSO is an edible.
    It is no better than any other edible, except that it's more concentrated.
    FECO (Full Extract Cannabis Oil) is the same thing as RSO, but it's made with a safer solvent.
    Edibles made with any form of cannabis will have the same effects as RSO. You just have to use more.

Edible effects last longer than smoke effects, and edibles are easier on the lungs.
    For good sleep, edibles at night work best.

The simplest edible to make is un-strained herb/oil capsules, but some stomachs can't handle whole herb.
    I can get about 1/4 gram decarbed herb powder into a size 00 capsule with oil and lecithin.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I've never heard of herb powder. Interesting.

I guess the point I was trying to make is most edibles are not made with the kind of concentrate that FECO has, therefor it may not be enough to kill cancerous tumors. But if it was made with the same amount, I could see it doing the job. The OP was saying they were having a hard time finding that kind of quantity so I didn't want them to think dispensary-bought edibles would work very effectively.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Same thing happened to my mother when she was in her 70's and she is now 97 and cancer free.

She also had cancer cells in her lymph nodes, but she took chemo by pills at home. All her check ups were good. The chemo did cause her palms and feet to get hot and turn red but it was temporary and a prescription cream solved the issue.

I just wanted to reassure you that all is not lost. Hopefully your mom will do great no matter her choice of treatment.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Most edibles are made from distillate. Usually a hybrid mix Heinz 57 of strains.
    The best RSO is made from pure indica strain flower. If you see RSO listed as Hybrid, it’s a 90/10 indica/sativa RSO.

• Like Like x 2
  8. She want’s to use my strain that i’ve been growing for a while it’s a hybrid strain of pretty much Afghan Kush and Peanut Butter Breath. Will it not be as effective?

• Like Like x 3
  9. Any strain should be effective.
    AfghanKush is a strong indica, and PBB is described as being a hybrid good for sleep.

I think that strain will be very effective.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ok good thanks

• Like Like x 1
  11. Here is a dead simple recipe you can get here started on now.

Decarb 240 F for 40 minutes ( pea sized nugs uncovered in oven)

5 grams decarbed Bud Dust. Four grade.
    1 tablespoon Coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin
    Combine
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Done.

WARNING......
    Edibles are 5x stronger and can last 10x longer then smoked.
    This recipe is Strong.
    1 drop = 1mg
    To high a dose is an ugly time and likely will scare off a new user from trying again.
    =========================
    To find a persons dose the following is recommended.

Take 5mg and wait 2 full hours
    If not stoned
    Take 10mg more and wait another 2 full hours
    If not stoned
    Take 20mg more and wait 2 more hours
    If not

Continue to double the dose and wait between until it works.
    Keep track of how much was needed and now you have a baseline to start at the next day.
    Keep fine tuning until the patient is happy with the dose.
    Now you can make capsules of the required dose.
    Most people settle on a Half filled Single zero of bud oil = 12 drops of this recipe.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  12. BrassNwood's method above is excellent.
    I use it myself a lot.
    It's about the easiest possible edible, but not as concentrated as RSO/FECO, which are also edibles.
    I'd highly recommend that you start off with this.

The hardest part is administering the oil.
    Taking it by spoon could lead to gagging, because it tastes terrible.
    Getting it into pills takes some effort.

Size 00 capsules can hold about 1 mL, which is about 0.9 gram.
    The total mass you will have is about 16 grams, which will fill about 16/0.9 = 18 capsules.
    That's probably much too strong, because each capsule would have about (0.16*5000 mg)/18 ~ 40 mg THC. (The recommend Colorado dose is 10 mg) But partial fills will work too.
    Complicating matters is that herb might not agree with your mom's stomach.

Not straining will make the oil stronger, but also more difficult to put into caps, and potentially harder on the tummy.

If you decide to make this stuff, and put it into capsules, this dropper will help, espcially if you cut the tip off.

You can also bake with it. I make a lot of cookies.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I'd look into weed suppositories , and if your moms belly cant handle the feco, try decarbed weed,ground up and added to ,oatmeal( groats actually,great for belly),yogurt,stews, rice, whatever mom likes to eat.
    I take different forms for my leukemia, capsules, raw,decarbed eaten, alchol and oil tinctures.
    Since i started taking these my cancer levels have gone down ,not up,im at stage zero.
    Ive found this to work best when making capsules.
    [​IMG]good luck and lotza prayers for you and your mom!:)

• Like Like x 2
  14. #14 Scopetonic, May 14, 2021
    Last edited: May 15, 2021
    Highly recommend your mother to use cannabis as an adjunct to modern medical care as opposed to instead of doing chemo if she wants the best chance for a cure. Colon cancer is very treatable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Godspeed healing to your Mother.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Unless you have a syringe (no needle) to squirt it in an empty capsule. Easy peasy.

17. Does the the material have to be dried and cured to make RSO

18. Dried, yes, otherwise water will mess up decarb, and be very difficult to remove.
    Cured, no. I've made the equivalent of same day as harvest RSO after a fast dry.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I’ve made RSO literally hundreds of times!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Thanks!