advice on getting a neck tattoo

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by pothead420smoker, Apr 6, 2021.

1. for a while, i’ve always debated getting a neck tattoo, i’ve asked my friends and it’s a split between half say no and the other say yes. my family isn’t in support of it, they say it will be harder to find jobs. however, i really want to get this tattoo but i wanted to hear the communities input before i do something i end up regretting. i’ve always been someone who loves to self express, i never wanted to be like everybody else but i talked to my tattoo artist who also happens to be a good friend and he said that i should do whatever i feel is right but my gut and everything is telling me to go through with it but not sure if it’s just an impulse or what

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. I think it's far more acceptable today, and will only continue to become more so as time rolls on. Generally, I think it's cool.

But if it's the reaction of others that's holding you back, you'll probably find your hindrances, or lack thereof, dependent on what it is you're looking to get inked. Someone with a shaded rose or an Americana sparrow on their neck will probably find more tolerable reactions than someone with the number of the beast on there.

3. What if you get fat in 10 years and have a big double chin how would it look then?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. You already have other tattoos?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

5. Do you have any other tattoos?? & Have you ran out of space on your body??? You shouldn't just rush into getting stuff tattooed, especially stuff that you can't cover up with clothes lol

6. I'd caution against it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Weight gain/loss shouldn't effect a tattoo unless you go from like 800lbs to 200lbs:laughing:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. i want either a butterfly or the anarchy symbol. yeah, ik rebellious but it’s my own personal beliefs so. i think neck tattoos are cool too but not everyone shares the same belief as me
    then i’ll be a fat ass with a sweet neck tat
    yeah both of my arms are pretty covered. i would say both are half covered rn
    yeah, i have other tattoos. i’m not in a rush per say but it’s gonna be the next thing i get

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1

9. Do you have a job that can't fire you over tattoos unless the ink is clearly offensive?? If you do then go for it dude:confused_2:

10. not sure if little ceasers give a fuck but are most jobs like that?

11. There are quite a few jobs that require you to cover tattoos, even low paying jobs, and even if your tattoo isn't offensive. What are you thoughts on scarves? :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. i live in the sunshine state, i have no problem with them but i do have an issue with heat strokes

13. I really want some stuffed crust with crazy bread now.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. There, that's the kicker. Your original post makes it sound like you've got concerns about the perceptions of others. Let's prance over the fact that this isn't a very anarchist concern to have, and go right to the reality that various events in your future, such as getting a job, might be negatively impacted by having a symbol of anti-establishment on your neck :laughing:

Stick with the butterfly.

15. it’s not about i care about that, i care about not being homeless and broke. i just want to be sure i can have a stable job with next tatttoos. thanks for the advice, really helps

16. Ion Really Have Any Advise For You but I Think Both The Butter Fly or The Anarchy Symbol Would Be Cool. I Already Have Alotta Tats On My Body But None on My Neck Yet. Been Thinking About Getting a Black Widow Spider on My Neck because I'm Dark Skinned an Deadly Like One. My Hubby Would do it For Free too.

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  17. Best advice for a neck tattoo is don't get a neck tattoo. Imo (as well as the yakuza lol) I don't think it's a good idea to get a tattoo visible in a suit (or equivalent female attire)

18. Well With Me it Don't Matter lol Iain Gotta Impress No Boss Im Just a Stay at Home Mom but Yea You Probably Right for People Who Have to Work At a Business.

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  19. Having pearls inserted under your foreskin is far more interesting to the babes,
    that is .better options exist or do you suffer peer pressure

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. not really, just financial security

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1