Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

ACMPR home insurance

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by afar, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Hi im having trouble finding a home insurance company to insure my house while growing medical marijuana ACMPR. anybody find a good insurance company in BC? (I wish I hadn't told my company but hay what's the point of paying insurance if they're just going to void it??)

2. I don't understand what you mean law company? lawyers will write insurance?

3. Hey man,

I am in BC, Canada. I am having the same issue right now. Wawanessa had a clause on their policy, saying that you need to notify them if you are growing more than 4 plants. After disclosing, they refused to offer home insurance unless I don't grow more than 4 plants.

If you hear of anything, please let me know. Some insurance providers offer commercial insurance costing premium of 5000$ which is not worth it if you are growing for own medical purposes.

Most providers will reject home insurance if growing more than 4 plants. I checked with hub and insurance.

4. this is such a bummer - I sent you a message

5. SUM insurance writes policies for medical grows

Strategic Underwriting Managers Inc.

Cheers

6. under a home or commercial policy? at what cost?

7. thanks for the info. I find a lot of sites will say this but then it will only be commercial policies for 5000+ dollars. do you have experience getting insurance from them?

8. Yes, they insure small home medical grows. You HAVE to have a licence and it HAS to be valid and on display in your house.

How much it costs depends on how much insurance/coverage you need.

Chances are too that they will want and inspection done of your grow. It is a requirement/is mandatory if the underwriter deems necessary.