60 Day Wonder

Discussion in 'Smoke Reports' started by Space Captain, Jul 16, 2010.

1. STRAIN NAME: 60 Day Wonder
    BREEDER: DNA Genetics

WHAT THE MARKETING PEOPLE SAY: "It's William's Wonder! A very special commercial indica that produces fat and resinous flowers and finishes early. It is then crossed to a ruderalis strain, back crossed a couple of times, and now we are ready to release one of the fastest commercially viable strains out on the market. DNA Genetics 60 Day Wonder will finish in any light cycle, including 24 hours of light, 60 days from SEED!!! The flowers on this plant look more like the William's Wonder and it keeps the medicinal values of her as well, but thanks to the ruderalis, we don't have to wait long for this magical medicine! Great for the beginner grower and perfect for commercial growers who want to crop every 60 days in or outside -from SEED!!"

REVIEWER: Space Captain
    SMOKER TYPE: Frequent
    SMOKER's PREFERENCE: Indicas

CONSUMPTION METHODS USED: Pipe
    FAMILIARITY: Very
    BUZZ: 2 hits and buzz comes on in about 20 seconds. More up than couch locky. Not stupefying.
    TASTE: Sugar sweet, and so not harsh. Delicious.
    POTENCY: 8.5/10

OVERALL: A first class variety, so sweet to smoke and such a hearty plant. I'll grow and smoke this strain as a sidekick as long as I can get it.

2. ok man you have to tell me where you got the seeds i've been looking to buy more seeds and was looking for auto's.

Im in the us,just in case they dont ship here..:smoking:

3. Do you know if there a limit to how many seeds i ca get with the pick'n mix like do I need to buy like a minimum og 5 or something cus i plan on just getting 4?

How was the yield?

4. You can get however many you want but if you want four you may as well get six for the money. Buy more, it's cheaper.

Yields have been from around 30-45g with 150w HPS units in small (4'x2'x2') grow spaces.

5. maybe,but i think ima get a mix of auto's.

oh well i was thinking of growing these outdoors with about 9 hours of light a day,i wonder if i should even try then,do they really need 24?

6. As much light as possible. One of mine shut down its bud fattening period, like the last two or three weeks, when I started going (L/D) 12/12 then 10/14. Definitely hurt the yield though not the taste or potency. But I think its going to depend on the strain. Any others have experience here?

7. Here are a few shots of "Dora", the 2nd or 3rd 60 Day that I grew. These were taken about 2 weeks before harvest and do not show the budding in full effect. The sugar is just starting to happen, but as you can see, the potential is there and visible.

Attached Files:

8. pix n mix are very reliable i get my seeds next day if i order before 2pm.

9. how many were you growing at a time if you don't mind me asking and what did you grow them in i am extremely interested in growing these.and i'm very happy to have found someone who took a chance on these. so any info would be helpful.

10. Two but each under its own 150w HPS in separate grow spaces.

1/2 and 1/2 perlite and vermiculite mix. Fora Grow, Flora Micro and Flora Bloom, as per instructions on the bottle. 9 weeks. Boom. Seriously easy to grow.

I say go for it!

11. WOW Thanks man! did you grow it in a grow box or in a room? it seems awesome... and could this plant fit in a PC grow box(a large pc)? THANKS SO MUCH

12. Thanks for the review, i will put it on my auto list now :D

13. I am so hooked on trying the 6o day wonder ! :) I must try them. Yours looking real good :)

14. So i could just throw this girl in with my other non autoflowering seeds and she would be fine on an 18/6 or 24/0 schedual while the others veg?

15. yep. that;s what autoflowers do

IIRC, many breeders recommend 20/4 light cycles

16. I second that! But, I'll wait for the February promo!

17. I just planted actually 2 60 day wonder seeds. I have them on 18/6 hydro with earth juice, any tips for getting biggest yield and for the plant itself?

18. FOR BIG YIELDS try 400w hps :)
    or a differnt strain i struggle to pull of a oz using 150w hps for flowering a a 125w cfl for 2 weeks of veg, i have done two of these and they end up quite tall for a short plant and because of stretch the lower half of them will never be ready as with the top, grrrr its a pain in the a*s , i found ak47 good and fast and taste better too,,
    just in my opinion

19. whats the yield like on this plant, im assuming it can't be more than an oz