2x2 tent setup

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by daro, Jul 16, 2020.

1. I’ve got a 2x2 tent setup that I recently put together to tinker around with some autos and other projects throughout the year, most specifically in the winter after my outdoor season is wrapped. I already ran one auto with good results but I have some logistical questions I’m hoping someone can help out with.

Setup:
    Cool grows 2x2x4 tent
    Spider Farmer SF1000 QB
    iPower 4” inline fan
    Carbon filter
    Small clip fan for interior circulation

With the small tent I’ve got the fan and filter outside of the tent to preserve vertical space for the plant and light to move upwards.

My question is, do you keep your fans on the same timer as your lights? I.e off for 6 hours during veg? Or are they typically on 24/7?

2. Well it’s debatable..
    Some people say 6 hours of darkness each day helps the plant grow
    And some say that 24 hours a day of light gets the plants to grow faster
    It’s up to you

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. I keep all fans on all the time, including exhaust fan and oscillating fan.
    Turning them off during dark, when humidity can skyrocket, could cause problems.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. First run I did in this rig was a single auto this spring and I left everything on 24/7. Results were pretty good, but I’m wanting to try to cut back on energy usage if possible. Hence wanting to play around with an 18:6 cycle. Also just want to note the differences between the two.

5. Yea, I’m set up in a concrete slab basement that stays cool in the summer and chilly through a New England winter, so I’m mostly concerned with temp issues if I’m killing the lights for 6 hours and leaving the fans on. I’d like to be able to run like a single photo at a time in here to and play with training etc. would it be crazy to try to heat this little thing somehow? I was considering an inkbird but it felt overboard for such a small tent

6. I run the inkbird in a 2x4 and it’s the best thing I ever bought

• Like Like x 1
  7. what do you have it hooked up to? My thought would be having a small space heater plugged into it and the inline fan for cooling

8. So do I.
    I hang Inkbird-controlled electric heaters from the ceiling, and blow hot air into the tent thru an upper porthole durng winter.
    And disperse it with an oscillating fan.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I have mine hooked up to a small window ac and a small space heater. I run a 6” pipe in from outside when it gets cold and aim the pipe towards the back of the heater which sits in the middle of the room pointing warm air at my tent intake. I’m also in New England with the cold winters and this seems to work very well

10. Interior fans 24/7. You don't want stagnant air.

Exhaust fans can be 24/7 or on an inkbird or other sensor. Inkbirds are a great way to maintain conditions.

• Like Like x 1
  11. got any photos? I’m having a hard time visualizing. Glad to know I’m not the only one working against New England winter temps

• Like Like x 1
  12. this is sick, thank you. One guy mentioned it in that thread but is there concern about leaving a heater unattended? Obviously with what’s going on now my wife and I are home all day, but in the future might not be, can this system run on its own without concern?

13. #14 Jaboc33, Jul 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    I’m a year into it and I have no worries leaving it unattended for a couple days. It was great all the way through January
    It only runs for about 2-3 minutes at a time. Just enough to get the temp back up then it shuts off. It never stays hot like an oil heater (which doesn’t work well at all)

14. That’s awesome. Could you just have it hooked up to heat with no cooling and have it still function that way? My thought is that if the inline fan is running and it’s cool in the basement then as soon as the heat kicks off temps will start dropping so I’d really only want it to control switching the heat back on to warm things up since the environment will naturally cool itself. Or do you have to have a cooling and heating element hooked up to the unit?

15. You can plug in just the heater if you want. Likewise with the a/c. There’s 2 plugs on the controller

16. My old blurple lights I ran 24/7 and loved it. My Autocobs and Spider Farmer 1000 are intense, so I run a 20/4 schedule.

Consider buying a radiator heater.

17. inkbird ordered. anyone got recommendations for a heater for this lil space?

18. I’ve always ran fans 24/7. If you don’t the stink can buildup and start seeping back out your intakes. Keep those fans going

• Like Like x 1