2000W perpetual garden..All organic, all the first time!!

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by bennyweed, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Hey everyone I put together my first video...bare with me please they will get better but please do watch it because I have some questions in it I would love some assistance with!

I refereed to a couple of things incorrectly like calling my soil acidic when I meant alkaline..ext..

Anyway here is the video...thanks for the help and support!
    [​IMG]

EDIT***

Here is the soil blend:
    2.5 gallons top soil
    2.5 gallons local organic potting soil
    2.5 gallons peat
    1 gallon cotton burr
    1 gallon compost with mycorrhiza
    1 gallon EWC
    2.5 gallons perlite- large and little chunks

Blood meal – ¾ cup
    Alfalfa – ¾ cup
    Bat Guano N – ¾ cup

Kelp Meal – ¼ cup
    Bone Meal – ½ cup
    Bat Guano P – ¼ cup
    Green Sand – 1/8 cup
    Azomite – ½ cup
    Dolomite lime 1 ½ cup
    Rice Flour ¼ cup
    Bene Bacteria ¼ cup
    Diatomaceous earth – ¾ cup

I am thinking a potassium or magnesium def. all though I thought my soil would supply all of that, well at least the K but I am not sure about the Mg. What organic material supplies Mg?

I was also thinking about variables I changed this grow from previous successful grows using soil(none organic) and the very main change that took place is my water source. Could my tap water be supplying to much of say calcium, iron or whatever else is in tap? My tap is about 155ppm out of the faucet, so today I am hooking up my RO/DI water filter to a float valve filling a 36g tote. What do you all think, you think it could be the water? The second main change is the new grow tent. Perhaps toxic chemical release from the tent itself? Doubtful but maybe?

---sorry about the shakeyness of the camera, I was kinda wippin around fast. Im a amature when it comes to filming, Ill improve though :)

2. My bad, I was vague on the information.

I cook my soil for a month minimum but usually longer. When I cook my soil it grows a white fuzzy mold and gets very warm so I know it is thriving. I do water with a brewed, EWC, alflafa, kelp, molasses tea. I do this weekly or bi-weekly.

I think it may be my tap water so yesterday I went out and bought a float valve and hooked my RO/DI water filtration system up to a 36 gallon tote. Mixed in some hydrozyme to help break down the organic matter in my soil and added .5 tbls of molasses (very little because I have dry molasses in the soil) to the 36 gallons.