Yoda's bubble cloner

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Yoda, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Are the clones submerged in the water?

2. I built my cloner last night and it looks good, lotsof bubbles. The only question I had was that my heater has a orange light when its on, will that be a problem ?

Attached Files:

3. [quote name='"droz"']I built my cloner last night and it looks good, lotsof bubbles. The only question I had was that my heater has a orange light when its on, will that be a problem ?[/quote]

It never has been for mine. I always have good success with my bubble cloned. The light only stays on when the heater is on. If you are worried about it then let the water reach temp before putting the clones in.

4. I'm just starting my first rdwc in bubble buckets. I'm hoping that anyone that loves growing will sub and come along for the ride as well with me... your plants look beautiful by the way. Can't wait to see how they turn out

5. they are fine...Its a wifes tale about roots needed dark, as long as they are moist they dont care...looking good ....

nice job on the cloner droz...veddy nice

6. That is very true, I grew a plant between 2 sheets of lexan. Light has little impact although they will turn green near the stem if they get light and too dry.

7. is there a size that this build wont work in? i bought a 5 gal tote from walmart, its more deep than shallow. im thinking of about 10 sites. would this still work ok?

8. to deep isnt good it wont work well.. you want iot shallow so the air stone is within a few inches to the surface of the water.. if you can work that out and space isnt a issue youll be fine..

9. [quote name='"YODA"']

to deep isnt good it wont work well.. you want iot shallow so the air stone is within a few inches to the surface of the water.. if you can work that out and space isnt a issue youll be fine..[/quote]

Oh ok well, I ended up making it the other day cos I needed to cut clones. I bought a decent dual outlet pump and two stones figured I can try a bubble cloner / sog dwc. The clones seem to be doing fine.

10. It will prol work, just take a lil longer, when everything is good...
    7 days to roots...:D

11. [quote name='"YODA"']

It will prol work, just take a lil longer, when everything is good...
    7 days to roots...:D[/quote]

Thats still better than most other methods, for a fraction of a price. My whole cloner was ~20

But i'll keep an eye out and post whem roots show. I bought some super thrive, how much do you use?

12. #272 xDisciplex, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2012
    I would just like to say I made mine a 12 slot,but you can have 2 clones per cup easy.Maybe 3-4 of them.It's not like they take up much room in the neopreen,or below.Spreading them down the slit works great.Just make all bottom ends even.Different lengths would allow stacking so tops were less tangled ect.

So 24-48 clones per unit is pretty unreal.The thing is amazing.And they want $300+ for a cloning machine.

Priceless thread.Worth a full read.I learned a few more little tid bits along the way.

AAA+++

13. Thats great news man.. def worth a read and can save a ton of money..
    I use a few drops of superthrive in the cloner..
    Some say it doesnt help but the young clones show me they like it so why not...

Glad you guys are using this to your advantage...:)

14. Ya I'm gonna grab some superthrive next run.

Just so glad I came across this.I'm so tired of the random bs with using domes,and different mediums to clone.And my sucess just sucks with domes.

Really stoked...

15. This shit is sick. Good job and nice guide for it. I might make one of these.

16. Definitely building one of these asap, One of the best small cloners for cheap ideas I've seen

17. Hi Yoda, great thread and got me to build one. However I have had problems with it, wonder if you have the answers?
    I built a cloner following your plan, I have good bubbles, the bottom of all the neoprene disks are wet all the time, the water is a steady 75f, the temp in the cabinet is about 65f and I have a 20w cfl about a foot above the cuts. The cuts all look real healthy until after about 5 to 7 days they just fall over with the bottom inch of the stem going all soft and gooey! The soft or rotted part of the stem goes right through the neoprene insert down to the tip. The tips of the cuts are about a quarter of an inch away from the water. I also used a couple of drops of super thrive. What the fuck is going on man?
    I took a load of cuts on day 21 into flowering from white skunk ladies that I have grown many times, I have lost about half of them after a week and the others haven't rooted.
    Btw I am not a noob by any means but am more of an old Skool out doors man, I have taken cutting with success using rockwool plugs but wanted better than the 85% rate I was having. I would appreciate any ideas you have I am stumped as to what is wrong here? :confused:

18. Hello, anybody there? I am hurting guys! I have lost all my cuttings in the bubbler, I put a tray of cuts in plugs on top and I am starting to get the same thing happening! Fucking disaster as I am running out of cuts now! I am thinking root rot and am cleaning everything like a mentalist and maybe just drop the root blocks into a weak bleach solution in case there is some gotten into the rock wool? I placed the blocks on top of the cloned as there were still a couple of cuts in it and the temp was nice.
    Any fucking ideas guys?

19. Pics?

20. Sorry I have binned the bad ones, the cuts just kind of limped over, the stem where it was hanging in the bubble mist went all like jelly almost with the skin just hanging of in shreds, its like the inside of the stem went to jelly!
    I have taken everything out, the water had some jelly like grey strings in it, obviously some kind of mold that we didnt want in there, sterilised with fluid, refilled and topped up with a 3% hydrogen peroxide solution at 3ml/litre. My other tray of cuts in rock wool plugs I dunked them in a weakfish steriliser solution and have then flushed with clean water and put back on the go, seems all ok today.