xXStickyScissorsXx House Of Dank

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by xXStickyScissorsXx, Nov 11, 2014.

1. #1 xXStickyScissorsXx, Nov 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2014
    Hey there! Thanks for stopping by my grow journal and welcome to the House Of Dank.

I'm brand new to organic growing but have been growing for years otherwise.

I'm always open to constructive criticism and learning how to better my skills in the art of growing. So don't be shy.

As a medical grower I'm allowed 36 plants total. I always have 36 at all times in some form. Over the years I have grown every way imaginable. From rdwc to hempy to aeroponics. Hand watered for the last cpl years.

After getting a bad batch of advanced nutrients and just overall being sick of watching you guys having all the fun I decided to jump in. I read my ass off for months and finally decided to go with in the gardens beginner recipe. The ease of organics and the art of it is just too intriguing and flat out awesome.

I located some top notch vermicompost and went to work. In a kiddie pool I mixed and mixed. Cooked for 4 weeks.

So let's get at it...

Strains in rotation at the moment.

Og13
    Cheese Candy
    Head Banger
    Kerala x Skunk 1

Everything in my veg area is in the organic mix and thriving!

2. These three are all new strains for me. The two in the back are the Kerala x Skunk 1. The one in the front is headbanger. All from seed.

Attached Files:

3. I tied the headbanger top down to bush it out more. This strain so far has been less then amazing with node structure.

Some pics of the Og13 clones. I have ran this for a while. G13 labs og kush. It's a very good easy growing tasty strain. Piney. Sweet. Lil fuely.

Attached Files:

4. The flower room.

This room is 11' x 7' and constructed from panda film and 2 x 4.
    It has 2 600w hps lights and I'm in the process of adding two more 1000w lights. Right now the plants aren't my proudest run due to what I seriously believe was a bad batch of nutes. None the less they are bouncing back. After some love and a bottle swap. I'm excited to get everything finished up in here and have nothing but healthy organic fed plants.

The room is fed fresh air via a 6 inch in line fan. I also use another 6 inch fan to suck heat out through the lights and just overall improve air exchange. So far it has been working great! Temps are perfect. Humidity has held strong. I'm sure with winter coming I will have to play with thermostats on the fans to help keep it warm. Which is a good problem to have.

5. I have 5 plants 4 weeks out and 10 plants 1 week 3 days in.

It's looks smaller then what it is.. (I know, that's what she said)..
    Really is a nice space. It's my first time in a basement, so I'm really impressed with how.little I have had to play with temp control.

Attached Files:

6. Some bud shots. Not the biggest producer. But she makes up for it in flavor!

Attached Files:

7. #7 xXStickyScissorsXx, Nov 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2014
    The drying room..

A 5'x8' room up stairs. It is closed off from the rest of the house. Stays extremely cool all year long allowing me to hang and dry my bud really slow while maintaining proper humidity. Drying in the basement always leads to mold for me. So having this spare area is really handy.

Mrs. Scissors and I really like this method. We love tasty bud.

Attached Files:

8. #8 xXStickyScissorsXx, Nov 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2014
    I know these buds are far from huge. This strain just doesn't give you the trophy colas. All flavor. On a 3 ft plant with topping I can get 3 and a half oz. Which isn't ground breaking but enough to keep me happy atm while I get back rolling.

I had some issues a while back and dropped down to just this strain. I have 5 more strains that I'm going to work In over the next few months.

Headbanger
    Sour jack
    Kerala x Skunk 1
    818 headband
    Cheese Candy

It really was like starting over for me. Which if any of you had to do...sucks...

It does on the other hand make you appreciate the little things again. Like trim time. Only for about 5 mins though..lol
    Really helps you focus on the details. I figured it was the perfect time to make the transition to organic living soil.

Attached Files:

9. #9 xXStickyScissorsXx, Nov 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2014
    After final trim. I like to pull them right before the stem snaps. Jar the buds and walk away. I check for mold every day and open to burp for a few days depending on how the bud feels.

The reason I explain all this is for years I rack dried and never could pull the flavor I was aiming for. I'm a flavor snob like all of you I'm sure..but the smell and flavor never was up to par. I tried dozens of different strains but never had "it". A few years of this..I thought to myself what has always remained the constant through all the different growing techniques and strains?

My drying method! Had to be it. It's the one thing that had always been the same.

I came to this method. Ditched the rack. My end product changed in a way I couldn't believe. If you haven't tried this method you have to give it a shot at least once. Cut at the base of the stem , trim some huge fan leaves and hang in the proper drying environment. Splits trim time up so it's not so much all at once.

I have grown so many high dollar and saught after strains over the years I did the rack method. So many perfect grows and I just couldn't hit that smell and taste. I would watch other growers that I would slide a clone to harvest the plant and get flavor I didn't even come close to. It's hard to imagine what could have been had I only changed this one simple thing.

Attached Files:

10. The flower room with the door opened. Plus a bud shot. These girls are at a little over 4 weeks. About 2 days I believe. Everything to the left is under two weeks.

All my water I run through a five stage Rodi purifier. I use float valves and run some water line .. bam..auto fill container of purified water.

Normally my water container sits atop a bench with a spout and off valve so I can just slide the bucket under it and fill at will. Only costs a few bucks and makes life simple. Just in the process of switching containers. Bulk head should be here anyday.

Attached Files:

11. Old tv that I gutted and turned into a clone box...

Attached Files:

12. Another pic of veg before lights off..starting to get that good night droop.

The large plant to the right was on its way out. Really hurting from the bad batch of nutes. Took it from a five gallon pot and put it into a 7 gallon filled in with the organic soil. It has been a little over a week and it's really coming around. I love this soil so far. Much love for in the garden and Jerry for really making that thread what it is.

Attached Files:

13. I'm not a big fan of feminized seeds...but...

I have tasted a few phenos from this these that are too good to ignore...

Attached Files: