Xenos Organic Grow 3.0

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Xeno321, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Now seriously guys don't get all butt hurt on me.. Talking things out helps me.. I'm a trained airplane mechanic and I have a life time worth of construction experience.. Sometimes it's the most basic shit that stumps me.

2. Fuck it here NYPD not infected with PM praying for 6 weeks.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1431007742.020034.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1431007755.506384.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1431007769.207823.jpg

3. I don't know why you would be feeling air coming out of the vent. Do you have literature that specifically says it exchanges outside air? If not I would get on the phone with the manufacturer and find out for sure if it does or not. I would hate to see you keep wasting time and energy spinning your wheels on this issue.

I am speaking with a good deal of experience here. I started growing about 2 years ago in my basement. With improper ventilation. I fought pm for 6 or 7 months. Trashing plant after plant. Got so fed up with it and it was warm enough out side that I was able to move my grow out to the detached garage. Plants that were showing pm in my basement stopped damn near immediately.

Last December the much respected SG1 returned to GC. Along with his cheap old bastard thread in the indoor growing forum. Read that if you haven't already. He hammers people for the 80 or 90 pages I read about getting your ventilation figured out first and foremost. After a conversation or 2 with SG, I installed an exhaust fan to the window in my original grow room in my basement (where I had major pm issues). Moved my grow back into that room and have been in there for 5 months with 0 pm to speak of! Didn't even clean anything, no sulphur burner either. I keep around 12 plants at all times with up to 4 flowering and all different cultivars.

You said your old grow room had no problems. Draw a diagram or something up on a piece of paper on exactly how your other room was set up and ran. Compare it to your new room. Something changed (im pretty sure it's the lack of fresh air) and your plants are suffering now.

4. ease up. Only trying to help.
    and you said you know how they work. So I got nothin.
    Mine works differently I guess.

That being said
    I did some taping to mine. Because I can see light through it.
    Its def not air tight. And I imagine since I only run exhaust at night, it actually may either push or pull through the unit itself. I did tape pretty good though with 3m foil tape. Mine is air tight pretty much. But on the second level so I can't check if it smells.

My neighbor complained about the smell the other day. Our new furnace need ac repair. She must have been pulling what I'm pumping into the attic. Its a rowhouse. Air has a way of moving. Like water.

My closet has two fans. No gas. It moves a lot of air. No mold ever or smell. One fan low one high. Intake around the door passive. Folding closet door.

Hope you figure it out.
    Does your RH spike when it rains outside? Just curious.

5. And mine stays on 24/7. It just is in fam mode when not cooling. And I it loses power and regains power it restarts auto. It doesn't have a thermostat. Only a "temp" setting.

If I anybody is growing in a room with a window this is a nobrainer to go closed co2. Unless smell or stealth is concern. No exhaust equals gonna be stinky soon when they bloom.

6. You can run fans connected to filters inside the room and that helps with smell. Of its a concern.

7. I really was trying to get out of building another dumby garden tool box outside the window to shelter another Carbon filter and intake hole through the side.. But I already built a frame for a second box, heading to HD tomorrow to buy materials to finish the box and window cap.. I have a spare Carbon filter to put outside, it's just a lot of work. The RH does go up a little when it rains nothing crazy though, I just got and installed a 70pint Dehumidifier that's over twice the size of the other one.. I'll run them both if I have too.

8. It's stinky right now! It smells real good..

9. Subbed up! What's up man?

Check out my grow! Mars II LED & Organic No-Till Soil.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-grow-journals/1318542-freedom-35.htmlk

"Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners.”
    ― Edward Abbey

10. What's up man! Trying to rebuild some positive vibes in here! I've actually been reading through your Journal man. 😊

11. I need to read yours too, right after I roll this joint of Power Kush lol

"Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners.”
    ― Edward Abbey

12. That hidden room of your's is killer man!

― Edward Abbey

13. I put in the new window cap with two 6" fittings, and two 220 CFPM can fans. The intake runs low to a fan, the exhaust is hung at the top in the middle. It makes it hotter in the room and makes the AC and Dehumidifier work overtime..

14. Here are a couple pics on the inside. Do you guys think 220cfpm is enough for a constant exhaust and intake?

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1431396396.256096.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1431396409.057467.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1431396423.025985.jpg

15. I also added a powerful return fan at the end of the room just below the canopy.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1431396655.546006.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1431396668.145896.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1431396700.515947.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1431396712.416605.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1431396725.151710.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1431396745.503473.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1431396760.720953.jpg

16. This little Caboose is crazy frosty.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1431397044.832798.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1431397061.167122.jpg

17. Damn I've been mostly lurking but Xeno that 4th pic looks like the mystery bag seed I first grew indoors what strain is that Damn I miss my first plant.

Great job on everything

18. It's called Caboose from Strain Hunters. It was a freebie for ordering 2 packs of Strain hunters. Weird little plant, pretty but weird. Maybe I should have veg'd it longer but it wouldn't stretch for anything.