Xenos Organic Grow 3.0

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Xeno321, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Happy 420 GC! This will be my third Journal and hopefully the best one to date, This Community is special to me and i wanted to start by saying Thank You to all of you. Now on to the good stuff!

Room: I started with nothing.. an unfinished basement so i tried to take this opportunity to slow my roll and build something i could be proud of.   That being said the inside space is 10' X 20'. I always wanted a hidden room and my wife wanted bookcases and a nice entertainment section in between for the TV, XBox, and DVD player for the gym. So having a significant amount of Carpentry experience i overbuilt the shit out of everything.. Everything is Solid Oak, i built everything from scratch no plans. most of the room is already insulated with R19 every seam is calked sealed and spray insulated, and Mylar'ed (a little more work to do).

Medium: 24 - 20 Gallon dirt pots, (hydrofarm) and root pouches, filled with T.L.O soil AKA living no till organically amended soil. 

Power: i ran 3 - 20 amp dedicated circuits for the room, 2 - 20 amp outlets on the outside of the room for the gym.

Lighting flower room: 1 - vertical bare 1000 watt HID in the center, 2 - vertical bare 600 watt HID's one on each side, 2 - 400 watt horizontal open hood reflector type, 2 - 300 watt LED's full spectrum (they are knockoffs). that's 3600 watts total for the flower room.

Lighting Veg/seedling room: 2 - 300 watt reflector style LED's, 1 - 400watt vertical bare MH (old school magnetic ballast i built from an old computer tower).

Cooling: 14,000 BTU portable AC with an intake and exhaust, 8,000 BTU portable AC in the Veg. room (it doesn't really need it but just in case summer is coming..).

Genetics: Strain Hunters - White Strawberry Skunk X 4

Strain Hunters - Flower Bomb Kush X 4

Strain Hunter - Caboose X 1

Nirvana seeds - NYPD X 1 (seed from my favorite NYPD super terpene content)

Delicious seeds - Cheese candy X 1

Delicious seeds - Critical Sensi Star X 1

Delicious seeds - Sugar Black Rose auto X 1 (freebie)

DNA Genetics - LA Chocolat X 2

DNA Genetics - Sour Tangie X 2

Humbolt Seed Organization - 707 Headband X 2

Humbolt Seed organization - Chemdawg X 1

Nirvana seeds - Fullmoon X 2 in the 20 gallons, i have 3 in 10 gallon pots just                   hanging on the sidelines.

IRG seeds - Gummy bears X 1

Zombie genetics - Putang X 1

now for the good part the Pictures! [​IMG] 

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Something i forgot to mention, i have been reading Skunk magazine lately i really dig it and its a nice change from HighTimes. Anyway i read an interesting article in last months issue, it was about light cycle timing for flowering plants.. the article states and is quoted from Nelsons Greenhouse manual, that Cannabis only needs 6 hours of intense light to flower to its full potential.. makes sense right? its a flower after all! i also read that the typical 12/12 cycles while they work add 1-2 weeks of extra flower time because it is neither a "short" nor "long" day and confuses the plant.. so i have slowly been cutting back my flower time i am down to 8 hours on and 16 hours off now, i might take it down to 6 hours eventually. Since i have been reducing the lights on time in the flower room everything has been flowering much faster! Revv said it in the article but i don't believe anything until i see it for myself.. and i am pleasantly surprised to say the least!  

• Like Like x 4
  3. more pics.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  4. Subbd

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 NEFarmer, Apr 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2015
    Subbed
    Damnit I thought I was first!
    Also awesome bookshelf door, And very interesting about the flowering cycles

• Like Like x 1
  6. Haha I win

• Like Like x 1
  7. how tall is your ceiling in the flower room?

8. also i wanna know the benefits of a 20gallon pot. i thought the bigger the pot the bigger they have room to grow? but noticed ur plants are flowering at about 4-5 ft. sorry i just wanna learn and am a bit confused

9. 8' I believe.

10. The bigger plants in the back are topped and tied down that's why they are so short. But I do have various ages of plants in the room, I would like to move towards perpetual harvest rather than the bulk harvesting.. So hopefully I can shove 1-3 plants a month in there, we'll see it's nice to get a big payday too.

11. How about do a 1 or 2 big ones and a few smaller ones for your sog

• Like Like x 1
  12. Subbed up! Nice company in here! Happy 420! :metal:
    ~ poke

• Like Like x 1
  13. I don't have a lot of space for more pots I already have to shuffle around the outside of my room. Anyone have experience with Lin seed oil for wood finish? I'm debating doing it old school, I usually use shellac in a spray gun.

14. Thanks for stopping by man! I've been trying to read through your thread, sorry to hear about the health probs. dude stay positive stay up good vibes from over here!

15. Subbed, as an outdoor/greenhouse guy, I love checking out indoor stuff, looks great! :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Wanted to show these beautiful tiger stripes on this oak board I have as a trim board on the top (8").

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429633690.191210.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429633703.175312.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429633715.942974.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429633739.862152.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429633753.796071.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429633773.065381.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  17. The seed ferry paid me a visit! 😁 Chernobyl and time wreck from TGA and some decent freebies never heard of spliff seeds before.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429638975.988068.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429638999.410035.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. Another NE farmer welcome to the garden! I really fucking love NE dude.. I know a lot of people in my age group ran to CO and CA where I'm from.. That's why I went the opposite direction not a lot of people can put up with the snow and cold, I'm like shit you mean less people beautiful country and hard work is a requirement for living in the area!!?? Shit I'm on my way!

• Like Like x 2
  19. I'm finding out that a short outdoor growing season and high humidity due to the shit load of melting snow is a fact of life.. But Jesus the cooling bills for grow rooms is so much better! And ME is so pro - pot yet conservative it speaks to me. 😊 early 2016 ME is voting for recreational legalization!! 😁 you know how I'm voting!!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Don't get me wrong CA and CO GC people..I'm just not a people person or ballin, so I can't afford the kind of home I want to raise my children in on the west coast! My wife's been looking at homes on her App over in CA for what we have or better and the prices have been giving me indigestion! I think Legalization has been good to the housings market.