WWE thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Pickle McSmurf, Apr 4, 2012.

1. I've noticed there doesn't seem to be a thread on the WWE so I figured I'd make one.

Sure it's not a "real sport", but I for one am not ashamed to say I enjoy watching it. When I was a kid in the 90s I absolutely loved it and would never miss and episode of RAW, for the last few years I havn't watched much but have occasionally checked it out when I had the time. I watched Wrestlemania this past weekend with my friends and loved it, and RAW this monday was great. I think I'm gonna start watching it more frequently now.

So, for those wrestling fans out there, discuss!

2. I went to Wrestlemania 24 in Orlando. The atmosphere is chill.

3. Haven't followed it in ages, but I will watch RAW occasionally. John Cena is a douchebag and his monotone voice makes a robot sound charismatic.

4. I'm gonna watch more regularly now to see what Brock Lesnar's role will be

5. I think it's the best it's been in countless years right now. Every show has a great story, something to look forward to, and the performers are amazing. The best legends and amazing newcomers. And now, A-Train, but he's all Japanese and shit. Yep, RAW's the place to be.

6. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3ZGdwoZqO0]Brock Lesnar Returns to Raw 4/2/2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Just listen to that crowd, haven't heard a pop like that since the attitude era

7. Wrestling was the central thing in my life from about 1995 until 2000. The WWE was always my favorite, but I also watched WCW except for Nitro. There's still a Rubbermaid bin in my parents' basement absolutely filled with action figures. My friends and I made a championship belt out of sheet metal and naugahyde and we'd stage backyard wrestling matches (none of the crazy stuff you think of when you hear "backyard wrestling" though).

I went to two or three WWE house shows, an ECW taping for their TNN show, and the highlight of my young life: Wrestlemania XIV. I kept the ticket stub and have it on my wall.

Lost interest around high school, but I still cherish the memories.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHCOaOe2bvs]WWE Wrestlemania 14 1998 XMZ Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

8. ^ Was that the match that retired Michaels?

He will forever be Bryan Danielson to me

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp3wqiJVqC4]Bryan Danielson Aka Daniel Bryan Tribute Wake Up Aracde Fire - YouTube[/ame]

9. Who will forever be Bryan Danielson?

I don't get it

And yeah, that was Shawn Michaels' last match for like four years, he had a herniated disk in his back all throughout the match from an awkward landing months earlier at the Royal Rumble

10. [quote name='"sky dog"']
    Who will forever be Bryan Danielson?

I don't get it

[/quote]

That was his name in Ring of Honor

11. wrestling goes in cycles. They're in the "kid" phase slowly moving to another Attitude era as those kids get to teenagers. When that happens, then I'll start watching (although it may be happening now with Lesnar and Cena and Lesnar bringing "legitimacy".)

12. [quote name='"GreenPlant42"']wrestling goes in cycles. They're in the "kid" phase slowly moving to another Attitude era as those kids get to teenagers. When that happens, then I'll start watching (although it may be happening now with Lesnar and Cena and Lesnar bringing "legitimacy".)[/quote]

It's true, the golden era in the 80s was geared around kids. And I'm sure a more ruthless and aggressive era will be back. I wouldn't say a full blown attitude era though.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Watched from the late '90s til about 2005... started watching again early last year, just happened to tune in the night Rock returned. Got my new job and was so busy I stopped watching; until a couple months ago, when I started again - and I watched Mania as well. Getting into it again.

Can't stand him either man. It's awful. Rock is better, but right now I'm already digging the Lesnar angle more.

Again, I agree with this. I'm actually pretty excited that it's getting so good again. They are finally starting to do the right thing for the first time in a while. I'm also noticing it's becoming less PG as of late, so we can only hope they'll switch back to TV-14 and end the PG era.

All in all, great thread, this should get a sticky.

14. [quote name='"Bladerunner"']

All in all, great thread, this should get a sticky.[/quote]

True! It's good to talk to educated wrestling fans for once.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. I watch RAW, I am also a Johny Cena fan, always have been always will be. The Raw which saw the return of Lesnar was the best Raw since attitude era without a doubt, there were no kids there it was just hardcore wrestling fans, the reaction of some of he crowd when Lesnar came back summed that raw up, it was fucking awesome!!!

16. yea been following wrestling since 99. lesnar's comeback is HUGE!! i half expected it from him though, when he left originally 8 yrs ago. I figured he'd be back at some point for some money, and from what i've read the boy is getting PAID. right now though, daniel bryan and y2j are my favorites as always. I like punk, i just liked him better as a heel. And cena......just so freakin STALE. I get it, kids love him, he moves a ton of merch but he needs a change of character. Some sort. I def wanna see lesnar tear him apart at extreme rules.

17. [quote name='"nitraw"']yea been following wrestling since 99. lesnar's comeback is HUGE!! i half expected it from him though, when he left originally 8 yrs ago. I figured he'd be back at some point for some money, and from what i've read the boy is getting PAID. right now though, daniel bryan and y2j are my favorites as always. I like punk, i just liked him better as a heel. And cena......just so freakin STALE. I get it, kids love him, he moves a ton of merch but he needs a change of character. Some sort. I def wanna see lesnar tear him apart at extreme rules.[/quote]

The thing about cena Is, as a person, I think I have mire respect for him than anyone else on this planet. But his character Is like you said STALE.

18. anyone watching raw? pretty good show so far.

19. I'll start watching when Chris Hero is on the main roster.

20. ^^^ hero will be soon as kassius ohno. Castognali already debuted last week on smackdown in a vignette.

Shaemus needs to Drop the belt back to Bryan.... YES!

Y2j i cant see winning the title and even if he does he even confirmed hes leavin in the summer.

Rock is also supposed to be bak by late summer (summerslam) for a cena rematch probably

But i think whats basically written in stone and most "smarks" already know is rock vs lesnar for mania 29.. Which i will be at !