would this work as a homemade portable dabbing iron?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by Yakiddenme, Nov 20, 2015.

1. #1 Yakiddenme, Nov 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
    Read post then watch video:
    home made plasma cutter
    Hey guys, been using concentrates for a while but only with a G-pen. Love using rigs and just pulled the trigger of a fab egg knock off from dhgate. Now, the question is, could you use this "homemade plasma cutter" to vaporize concentrated instead of havving to heat a nail up? For example, lets say you have a ceramic nail and place some concentrates on it without heating the nail up. Then, you get your trusty home made plasma cutter, place it on the concentrates and would they vaporize without having to heat the nail up? Ive heard of people using soldering irons before but never something like this. Ideas?
    edited for tags

2. A plasma cutter is waaaayyyyyyyy to hot

3. If one didnt mind combustion maybe this would be a cool idea.

4. I really wouldn't want to be using that...

heat + safety + health concerns.
    Neat though. I'm going to try to make one next time i'm bored.

5. #5 Yakiddenme, Nov 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2015
    If you do end up trying this, please let us know how it went! Ill try it as soon as i get my new rig from china, but we all know how long it takes for those to get here.

6. Using lead to combust your concentrates seems like a terrible idea.

7. Actually, it's graphite instead of lead. And while still graphite may not be the most favorable compound to combust with, it is only heated when both the graphite(carbon) and the other wire would be touching the concentrates providing an instant form of combustion with (as far as I could tell from the video) none of the graphite itself combustion or breaking off. Again this is alot of speculation, just thought the idea had the potential to be modified into something more comvenient. The real question is, are concentrates conductive in terms of electricity? That would determine if the concentrates even con busted or not. Also, you could potentially use less batteries in the array to control the temp. Just a thought