Would growing in a mason jar with the kratky method keep it small?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Anonymous96, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Let's say I have a half litre mason jar as my reservoir and I have a gallon of distilled water and I pour 1 to 2 teaspoons of maxibloom in the gallon distilled water and mixed it, then poured the solution into the half litre mason jar reservoir and refill the reservoir whenever the water gets close to very low but only enough to allow the roots to breathe.

Would this work in keeping the plant small?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. It will be virtually impossible to keep water in the jar if you have any type of life man.. I would guess you would have to fill the jar 3x a day in flower.. but small containers do work to keep the plant smaller but only to a certain point.. also with kratky method I suggest a ph perfect nutrient because when I tried with a regular 3 part it had way to wild of ph swings to control.. I font acctually use kratky method I'm just lazy about filling my buckets. Hahaha so in an 8 gallon bucket with 5 gallons to start I get in veg anywhere from 1 to 2 weeks before needing to refill and in flower anywhere from 2 to 4 days.
    I did have a clone I grew out in a 6 in net pot that sat on top a small rectangle Rubbermaid container about 4x10x6.

3. I know about advanced nutrients micro grow bloom, but are there other 3 parts you know of that are ph perfect?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I'm sure there are but that's what I was referring to that I use. I am thinking of trying the seni line next.

5. #5 JoshuaE, Apr 17, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    You would have to be Kratky himself to pull that off. Lol Flowering plants are going to be tough, usually the leafy greens and such are chosen for Kratky method
    Could be a cool side experiment but I wouldn't expect it to be a yielder.