Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Wolff Parkinson White Syndrome

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by daydreamers, Apr 12, 2021.

1. #1 daydreamers, Apr 12, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    X3Hey Everyone! So I have Wolff Parkinson White Syndrome and I was wondering if I should listen to what my cardiologist said. I have told him I do thc oil and he told me it was fine. Whenever I do it my heart rate is usually around 110-130bpm. I have anxiety about this whole condition but I’m on Lorazepam for it. Do you guys think I’m safe or am I at risk? I asked him about the risks but he told me that my heart is fine :/ I want opinions on this please thanks.. I have a THC Dab Pen not CBD

• Funny Funny x 1

2. If a cardiologist said it's okay to do so, why do you need a bunch of stoners to say it is.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I'm Granny, and I'm a cannabis fanatic who reads more medical studies than most doctors, and about as close to a doctor as you are going to find at GC.

First off, hon, I want you consider the fact that you are asking a bunch of stoners for advice about a medical condition. Is this really the best place to look? If you are THAT worried, get a 2nd opinion. I would suggest a nurse practitioner- they tend to know more about cannabis than the doctors.

Secondly, are you buying online? There is a LOT of mislabeling of CBD - a few have even been found to contain actually dangerous drugs.

Study: Nearly 70% of online CBD marijuana extracts are mislabeled (news – 2017)
    Study: Nearly 70% of online CBD marijuana extracts are mislabeled

So, it is possible that you might be getting something besides CBD in what you are taking. Try switching brands to see if that helps. Find a site like this (there's a few out there) CBD Oil Reviews | CBD Examine , and check the brands out before buying.

Unfortunately, there are no studies of the effect of CBD on people with your medical condition, but there are studies on CBD and its effects on the heart. Here's one of the most recent ones-

The Effects of Cannabidiol, a Non-Intoxicating Compound of Cannabis, on the Cardiovascular System in Health and Disease. (Poland) (full – 2020) The Effects of Cannabidiol, a Non-Intoxicating Compound of Cannabis, on the Cardiovascular System in Health and Disease

To conclude, under physiological conditions, CBD has minimal impact on the cardiovascular system. Therefore, it does not carry an increased cardiovascular risk, such as THC [36]. In addition, CBD can attenuate some THC-induced effects in cardiovascular system. In rabbits, THC (3 mg/kg) and CBD (25 mg/kg) given alone (i.v.) decreased HR by about 40–50% and 10–20%, respectively. However, pretreatment with CBD (25 mg/kg) reduced magnitude and duration of THC-induced bradycardia [103]. In humans, vaporized THC (8 mg) led to an intoxication and tachycardia. Low doses of CBD (4 mg) when combined with THC enhanced its intoxicating effects (but did not influence increase in HR), while high doses of CBD (400 mg) attenuated both THC-induced intoxication and tachycardia [7]. Thus, proportions of THC and CBD might be essential for protective influence of CBD on cardiovascular effects caused by THC. In another study, oral CBD (200, 400 and 800 mg) does not alter the subjective, reinforcing and cardiovascular effects of smoked cannabis (1/2 of cigarette containing ~800 mg of cannabis; 5.3–5.8% THC) [93]. CBD (1 mg/kg) and THC (0.5 mg/kg) mixture (p.o.) did not prevent tachycardia (in contrast to anxiety and other marijuana-like effects) induced by THC given alone (0.5 mg/kg; p.o.) in humans [77]. In a clinical study with THC (5 and 15 mg), and low (5.4 mg THC, 5.0 mg CBD) and high (16.2 mg THC, 15.0 mg CBD) doses of Sativex® no significant CBD-induced modulation of tachycardia and other physiological effects evoked by THC was observed [111]. On the other hand, CBD at equimolar consternations diminished THC-induced increase of HR, and decrease of pulse pressure and coronary blood flow in isolated rat hearts [110].

Lastly, I encourage you to do your own research, I've even done a lot of the work for you by gathering studies on just about everything related to cannabis and the endocannabinoid system. Here's where you can find my "Granny Storm Crow's List" New January 2021 Granny's List . You will want to look for the "HEART/ CARDIOVASCULAR EFFECTS" section in the "Latest" segment.

Granny :wave:

4. Consider learning the "Mindfulness Technique". It's a great breathing exercise that you can employ after you imbibe.

5. If you're not a doctor, you're not a doctor, your google searches don't make you anybody..

6. I have a THC dab pen not CBD!

• Like Like x 1
  7. I think some people don't bother to read, sorry.

8. it’s n
    Its no worries! I just want to see if thc puts me at risk even tho the doctor say it’s fine. I do still hesitate to do it but is it normal for thc to put your HR between 110-140?

9. Marijuana increases your Heart rate it's normal dude.

10. THC does tend to raise your HR a bit. I've had problems with tachycardia in the past (180+ HR without smoking). If you feel it's to the point that it's unsafe, don't do it. Use your own judgement.

11. okay thank you so much, yeah the tachycardia is not a joke at all

• Like Like x 1