WJEs Old Fashioned No-Till Marijuana Hour

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by WeJamEcono, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Hello everyone,

This journal will follow my 1st through many (hopefully!) indoor no-till garden. I would like to first say thanks to Coot, Blue Jay, and all the amazing no-till gardeners posting in these forums. What a wealth of information!

Also, although I have read through these forums for years, I have never posted much so please bear with me for the first few post until I get the hang of things.

This is my first indoor no-till garden, however I have had great success with a small outdoor no-till. So lets get to my set up:

1000w MH/HPS Air Cooled

5x5x8 Grow tent

4 20gal Smart Pots

Soil Mix:

I followed the Coots mix that is posted in a lot of others journals.

1/3 SPM

1/3 Compost

1/3 Aeration

For compost I used Malibu Compost Bu's Blend Biodynamic Compost that I found at a small Ace Hardware cheaper than I've ever seen, 13.99 a cubic ft. *Note I know how important vermicompost is, however the best I could source locally was Down to Earth's worm castings which I later found out does not have the best reputation. So I decided to just use the Malibu for my soil mix and only top dressed the containers with the DTE worm castings. The 20gal containers are only filled with 15 gallons of soil mix so I have plenty of room to add higher quality vermicompost over time. I plan on making a trip to Sonoma Valley Worm Farm in the near future to get me by until I can make my own.

For aeration I used lava rock that I was able to get in my very own neighborhood :)

The above mix was amended with:

Acadian Kelp Meal @ 1/2 Cup per cubic foot
    Neem Cake @ 1/2 cup per cubic foot
    Crustacean Meal @ 1/2 Cup per cubic foot
    Gypsum Dust @ 1 Cup Per Cubic Foot
    Basalt @ 1 Cup Per Cubic Foot
    Glacial Rock Dust @ 1 Cup Per Cubic Foot
    Oyster Flour @ 1 Cup Per Cubic Foot

My watering schedule is basically the same one from Blue Jays and Team Microbes journals. The amounts listed are per gallon

1st Watering
    Malted Barley and Kelp Tea
    10ml Ful Power
    5ml Agsil 16H

2nd & 4th Waterings
    Water only (occasionally I will make a Neem/Kelp tea)

3rd Watering
    1/4 cup coconut water
    1/4 tsp aloe vera powder
    5ml agsil 16H

Every other week I will be adding 1/5 tsp per gal of TM-7

I watered once with a compost tea to help get everything going.

I am also using Buildasoil.com clover mix cover crop.

Strains:

3 Kosher Kush
    1 Chemdog 4

All from DHN

They were placed into their final home on 10/9

So here we go!

2. The Pics will get better haha. But I just wanted to get one up as they look now. Last ones with the HID lines I promise
    [​IMG]

3. Here are a few pics from my small outdoor no-till grow. These are pics of Chem 4 I also did Kosher Kush as well just don't have any pics. Having never run DHN's clones before I wanted to test these out before I ran them indoor this winter.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Chem 4
    [​IMG]

Kosher Kush
    [​IMG]

5. Another Chem 4
    [​IMG]

I am really happy with how these are starting to mature. They were put out late and don't get the best light but smell and look great, and I have had no pest or any other issues. During veg my IPM routine was a neem, aloe, and agsil 16H spray twice a week. I also sprayed a few times with spinosad as a preventative because I have seen thrip damage on other plants in my yard. Once the plants started to flower I continued with weekly neem sprays but only on my cover crop, not on the cannabis plants. This is another reason I love growing with a cover crop.

6. Here are some pictures just after the lights kicked on.

Chem 4
    [​IMG]

Kosher Kush
    [​IMG]

7. Welcome to GCO WJE! Nice looking gardens. Thanks for sharing!

8. Hey Mainah thanks for the welcome. Looking good in your journal as well buddy!

9. I'm subbed everything looks great in here, love the gloss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Hey am doing my first grow just bag seed all I could get. Have 5 ladies there are into there second week of flower using the Lucas formula all seems to be going really good for first grow am using bubble buckets I change Res once a week and have brought some overdrive had anyone used this product. Does it work I will post some pics any input would be nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Liking your style already WJE. I'm along. :) Those Chems look good. Still haven't run any of them yet.

12. Hey EyeC, thanks! I can't say enough good things about DHN's Chem 4. Easy to grow and it's so fire! If you're in California grab it.

13. Thanks!!!

14. Recommendations are great, especially when backed up by experience and pictures. :) thanks and grow on!

15. Nice

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk