Winterized

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Deleted member 1127179, Nov 11, 2020.

1. What do you guys do in the winter with your summer cars? I put mine up on jack stands and cover her up. She'll hibernate until Spring time. She's also tuned for E85, which isn't very forgiving in the winter. IMG_20200820_163449838_HDR.jpg

2. "Summer cars"
    1% er...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. 20 years of 12 hour shifts

• Like Like x 1
  4. I park mine on wood blocks with some startron stabilizer in the tank, and plug the battery on a tender. I have only a couple nice days left of driving, but it loves the cold weather.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I believe my cruising days are over until Spring. I don't use any stabilizer because of the E85. Cold dense air is the best!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Southern California doesn't really get a winter.
    Daytime highs will still be in the 70s and 80s and lows won't dip much below 50 degrees.
    :)

BNW

7. California dreamin

• Like Like x 1
  8. I put brakes and new tires on my summer car so I won't die in the winter.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mandatory

10. Fair enough. I winterize my boat and lawnmower!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  11. Same for me except they're motorcycles. I put them on stands, put a dust cover (blanket) over them, put in fuel stabilizer and attach my trickle charger to the battery.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Your not one of those crazy guys that ride bikes in the winter?

• Like Like x 1
  13. I did that for a while. Now I'm like Danny Glover... I'm too old for this shit. ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. I leave my mine in a distant leaky garage return after 6 months to find rust has been at her again...

yo my fault but many talk about not covering the car body in a tarp but let her breathe to dry out

I still use the solar trickle charger but gets covered in snow

I gotta get my act together ..lol

• Like Like x 1