Will a black light work

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Grassmann1, Oct 8, 2003.

1. Wow you got a nice grow going there.

• Like Like x 1
  2. So I guess it all boils down to opinion still. Some are pro U/V others say it don't help.

3. And those "pro" users are mostly that...Pros. Commercial growers that don't endorse it to us amateurs ,cause it's one of their trade secrets.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Put them in a tent

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yeah. Good luck using a black light for growing.
    Save it for when your smoking it.

6. Supplamenting UV light for a half hour to a hour a day increases THC production by up to 30% in flowering. There have been a few studies that have shown this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Also helps keep mold down n kill bugs n bacteria

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. UV will kill bacteria and fruiting bodies but will not kill a majority of spores unfortunately. I'm not sure what UV he's using but even UV units for AC can't kill spores. No to mention that strong UV will damage THC and the plant its self.

"Black Project..?"

9. UVC will definitely kill spores, without damaging THC. There are plenty of tutorials online how to use UVC to kill off PWM. It will kill spores on contact.

10. #270 Frasier, Jun 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    "UV lights can be very helpful in keeping air conditioning equipment clean. ... UV lights are very effective at killing certain types of bacteria. Because of that, they have been used for many years in hospital settings as a method of controlling bacteria. UV lights are not however, as effective at killing mold spores."

McGraw-Hill Construction | Ask the Experts

"Metal Gear!"

11. #271 Aolelon, Jun 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    Lol did u not read the article? The use of UV-C lights next to an air conditioning coil is currently the best application for residential use. In that location, the light will ensure that the coil should remain clean and free of a buildup of bacteria and mold for some period of time. As the bulb weakens however, it’s ability to clean is lessened. That could mean that annual maintenance or the replacement of the bulb is mandatory."

12. Did you read the article? That quote is from it.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Yea I did, it says UV-C does a great job at keeping mold at bay on AC units

14. Yes it also does not kill all the spores. It's why there are spores in clean rooms and spores on space stations. Those things are hard as hell to kill.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Of course not all the spores, even anti bacterial agents dont kill all the bacteria, with cannabis were only concerned about a couple different fungal types, such as Powdery White Mildew, which UV-C does kill

16. Not all the spores.....

Again....

A colony can grow from just a few spores. Also look uo the effects of medium to strong UV light on plants.

"Metal Gear!"

17. Dude it's not just going to kill half the spores and leave the other half unaffected. There are plenty of videos on youtube showing its effectiveness, prove them wrong

18. Even your own link says it works on mold, not all molds but it works, were not talking about all molds. Not all fungal types attack cannabis. There are only a few that I've seen.

19. We're talking about spores. You want to kill the fruiting bodies? Great do that, but they will come back because the light does not kill all the spores..... as I've said like 20 times now. As the article said too.

As clean rooms show (and they run UV lights).

"Metal Gear!"