Why did my flowers go mouldy?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by TiredEyesSoreHead, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Hi
    I need help!
    I'm a first time grower and my flowers have mould all over them ☹
    I've only been smoking about 6 months and this is the first lot of hydroponic stuff I've had.
    It took ages to grow, but I followed the instructions from YT and now I'm totally lost as what to do?
    PLEASE FREAKING HELP ME! 20210421_132740.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. I've lost my most dense and beautiful colas to bud rot on a few occasions.

I've been fortunate to not have problems since I made a few changes.

I use multiple fans including some oscillating for air movement within my tent at all times. I now use a large dehumidifier to maintains less than 55% humidity during flower. The third thing I do is reduce nitrogen during flower and do not overfeed in general.

I also keep a clean grow area. Don't give up. if I've learned anything it's patience is required for this hobby.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. It's molding after its been dryed?
    Are you using humidity control packs?
    What are you storing in?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Too much moisture in the air (high humidity), over watering or could be some wood is near the grow that got damp or wet.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Hey guys, thanks for getting in contact with me, you're information is really quite awesome.
    I actually figured out today from some more research (YT) that it's not mold but actually what I'm supposed want to happen.
    I've only ever got my smoke from one person and it looked a lot different.
    I think they said it was the glands of the plant?
    It doesn't smell moldy, it just looks weird is all, which spun me out a bit.

6. Mold will go powdery and turns grey.
    It typically won't smell either.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Looks like some low level dry bud rot.
    Smoked plenty in my day down on the side of a hill.
    It happens.
    I do a few things to prevent and identify spots where this happens.
    (A) I treat with a very low level sulfur foliar during flower, *weekly*. Ultrasonic 1/4 tsp for 1080 seconds per liter of spray.
    (b) I wash my buds after harvest. One wash bucket being baking soda to remove sulfur, another one being a phosphoric cleaner called star san for brewing beer.
    If you hold a flower in phosphoric water, for thirty seconds, any spot who has mold will be easily identifiable and change color, as well as any catipillars or other issues are much more spotable.
    Then I clean rinse with naked RO and dry in a ranging RH 40-60.

• Like Like x 1
  8. It actually started out clear and then some went cloudy and some went the color of beer.
    I'll stick up some more pics I took.
    The very top flower turned white somehow, looks like i dropped bleach on it, even though I haven't.
    Hopefully my second time won't be as stressful as this one. 20210423_132932.jpg 20210423_133144.jpg 20210423_133226.jpg 20210423_133310.jpg 20210423_133112.jpg

9. Frosty af

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. If I recall correctly, the tip bleaching is caused by too much red light. Nothing to be concerned about if it doesn't bother you.

11. Thanks brother

• Like Like x 1