Why concentrates?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by PajamaSam, Jun 8, 2012.

1. I don't understand what you're confused about? Concentrates CLEARLY are more potent than any flower you will ever come across. One good dab has me higher than 5 vape bowls. The only reason I could think of someone even questioning concentrates is because 1. they don't know shit about it, 2. they are worried about getting too high. But in my opinion, if you're getting too high from just smoking and vaping, weed isn't for you.

And for people who actually care about their health, like myself, concentrates have little to no plant and other unnecessary matter. Also, it's less smoke or vapor going through your lungs. What seems healthier: Taking multiple bowls or taking just one nice dab...and being just as high or higher... Think about how much less your lungs have to deal with.

Long story short, the advantages of concentrates tower over regular flowers. It'll just take some longer than others to realize that.

2. That is the worst comparison I have ever heard. You DO get different effects. It IS different than smoking weed. Yes, they both have THC, but one has MUCH MUCH more than the other. You will get higher and you will certainly notice a difference between the concentrate and weed.

If you push water through an extractor your final product will be water with butane in it. If you push trimmings through an extractor, you will get a sticky fluid with large amount of thc in it haha.

3. It's literally the most potent cannabis product that can be smoked.

4. More pure and potent. I'm pretty sure they are healthier for you too. Because you do not have to deal with all that combustible plant matter. Its also a good use for trim, so you get more out of your plants.

5. Ever vape concentrates in a vaporizer.... Now thats crazy!! :eek: Too much for me.

6. [quote name='"PajamaSam"']Well dank I just go and buy, I don't have to like open up a lab in my kitchen you know? I just buy dank and smoke it lol

It seems like concentrates are for if you want to get stupid high, or for selling purposes. To me it just seems like there's so many more easier ways to blaze.

Just my opinion though , and I'm still all ears for reasons :)[/quote]

Selling purposes ?????

I buy concentrates to smoke .....more potent .

7. [quote name='"nanners"']

Ever vape concentrates in a vaporizer.... Now thats crazy!! :eek: Too much for me.[/quote]

Vaped some flower and kief, but never concentrates!

I think oil would kill my vape.

Wouldnt it be better to smoke concentrates though? Seeing as how there isnt extra plant matter to really worry about its mostly cannabinoids, terpenoids, etc. And a dab isnt like you're torching the product, its lit at a relatively low temp from the heating element one chooses to use.

8. #28 Dissec, Jun 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2012
    [quote name='"xdog"']It is to weed what crack is to cocaine.[/quote]

Lol no, we're comparing a simple extraction to a chemical change.

9. You can use concentrates in a lot of vaporizers. But I'm assuming you only have a mflb, then you would be limited. That's way desktops are so awesome. Using a vaporizer with concentrates gets more out of it than dabbing and its way more potent. Not for me gets me way too high. Dabbing is a form of vaporizing.

10. IMO, BHO rips > vaped herb anyday. (until my tolerance gets jacked)

11. #31 PajamaSam, Jun 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2012
    [quote name='"CaliBudE"']

Selling purposes ?????

I buy concentrates to smoke .....more potent .[/quote]

If a dealer was growing and he made concentrates, that would help his sales probably :p that's what I meant. :)
    Edit: rather than throwing all the extra plant's matter away

12. A lot of trim can make great concentrates, to include cannabutters or with oils. ;) :smoke:

13. dude rubbing alcohol and a razor blade and a jar = iso hash. there is no need for lab it is only a simple procedure to produce a more potent product.

14. Personally, I just don't have the desire to get blasted off one or to hits....so concentrates just don't appeal to me. I would much rather ease into a good high through a steady stream of bong hits....so it's straight flowers for me... I also don't feel satisfied after exhaling a concentrate hit like do after a flower hit....the smoke is too airy and thin to satisfy ....I love Mary Jane as she comes.... Why filter her?

15. ^^^^ idk its really nice when your doing somthing and you want to get medicated and you dont have the time to smoke a few bowls just a few hit's and your good to go for way longer than off of just flower's

16. [quote name='"budensity"']^^^^ idk its really nice when your doing somthing and you want to get medicated and you dont have the time to smoke a few bowls just a few hit's and your good to go for way longer than off of just flower's[/quote]

When Im about to go to sleep , i just wanna come outside real quick.... Put some og hash on a screen and take a few rips and go back inside .

17. whoever thinks you cant appreciate concentrates like you appreciate bud is completely wrong. you can judge bho by its texture, color, smells, etc.. like you would for bud. seeing and smoking really well made amber glass and budders is the best cuz not many people can make it right and when you dab the best stuff its fucking awesome. 710 smoking modern gold.

i also use to have asthma and have also been blazing for about 5 years now and when i dab my lungs dont hurt but when i smoke weed my lungs will hurt a couple hours later

18. Concentrates just get rid of plant material. Technically it's healthier than using bud.:smoke:

19. lol concentrates are amazing. taking a pencil tip worth of product is like taking 5 or 6 big one hitters.

20. #40 PassTheGrass, Jun 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2012
    Yea concentrate is cheap as shit that's why. I can buy a gram of the finest earwax for $30-$40. I get about 35-50 dabs from that gram depending on size of dabs. I could buy an eighth for $30-$40 and get about 20 bowls max from that eighth. And real talk, I'm not conserving when I buy bud. I probably would roll a couple joints from that eighth, maybe a blunt, and I would also load fat bowls when it comes down too it, I could maybe get 7 bowls if I'm smoking with friends from an eighth. Dabs. Whole another story. Most people are freaked out by dabs as is, and those who do smoke them don't do it that often, so they are blasted off one dab of my fine medical wax.

I kinda enjoy dabs becuase they are a little bit like smoking a certain unmentionable, so it's just way hardcore in other peoples minds when they watch you take a dab. My friend, who doesn't smoke, watched me take a dab one time and just became super uncomfortable until I put it away because he thought it was like a hard drug even after I explained it to him what it was. my mom found some of my wax one time and thought it was an unmentionable (the hardest of unmentionables actually), so I had to explain to her what it was as well. It's sorta underground still, very few people know what it is, only high-class stoners and those who are in the business really know what it is. It's exploding pretty quickly tho.

Oh, and to those that are not legal, hash is considered a felony. At least here it is. So be careful you recreational users! I don't want any of you to get a felony!

:bongin: