Why concentrates?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by PajamaSam, Jun 8, 2012.

1. I've been seeing Mary Jane on a regular now and I still love it as much as I did the first time I tried it. I was wondering though, what is the point in concentrates?
    I just grind my weed, pack it up and vape. I have a hard time wrapping my head around why you'd go through so much effort to make a concentrate when you can just vape the herb?

Perhaps this is off-topic somewhat, but you can't argue that this is the best place to ask :p

Thanks in advance

2. Well, I think its more or less if you can..why not? I only smoke weed and keif I get from it. But if other concentrates were a reasonable option I would get them since they are so much more potent

3. I feel the same way, A lot of joy I receive is the smell and appearance of a beautiful bud....as well as the feeling when breaking up the bud...
    You dont get that with concentrates...

I think the deal is that concentrates get you where you want to be quicker....but IMO its just not a satisfying of a hit as str8 up bud.....

4. concentrates are much more potent. As dank is to mids. Why dank?

5. Well dank I just go and buy, I don't have to like open up a lab in my kitchen you know? I just buy dank and smoke it lol

It seems like concentrates are for if you want to get stupid high, or for selling purposes. To me it just seems like there's so many more easier ways to blaze.

Just my opinion though , and I'm still all ears for reasons :)

6. Concentrates make me feel like i'm using a drug, i don't like it. Smoke weed everyday.

7. If you know the right people, you can buy concentrates, so its just as easy as buying bud. Whenever you pick up bud just get a gram of hash or whatever with it lol. And someone has to grow and cure the weed you know. which is a lot of work

8. Cus they are awesome.

9. Because they're much more potent. Most people use them due to tolerance issues.

10. #10 Mithrandir, Jun 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2012
    Concentrates are the shit. Buy em if you can, although it's much cheaper to make them yourself if you've got the know how. There are plenty of tutorials here on the city :smoke:

Edit: My guys got concentrates and I love him for it

11. Many people appreciate the fact that they are not smoking, yet still enjoying. :smoke:

12. I understand that it is a lot of work to grow the plant, but it's unavoidable. You can get high without completely bombing out on gear to make concentrates. I have no problem with them at all it just seems like they're more so a commodity to me than an productive use of the cannabinoids.

The only thing I have seen that would be a selling point to me is that it gets you more high, but then it's like who the fuck hates smoking more weed? lol

13. its a good use of leftover trim when your growing your own herb like i do

14. You have to try them to really know what it is. It effects everyone differently. I have a friend who can't smoke keif, wax, or hash or he will have a panic attack. He just says he gets uncomfortably high. I have another friend who, for whatever reason, can't smoke weed without getting panic attacks. He says smoking concentrates gives him a smoother mellower high. It's a trip haha. I personally love the flowers, the bho, and the keif all the same. That's because I'm in love with THC, and each of them seem to support my love :smoke:

15. because concentrate's get me feeling where i want to be in one to three hit's instead of three bowl's to the dome.... and the flavor can be real nice if it is good... if it dont bubble dont trouble!!!

i love the green's but for the money if i can get bubble hash for the same price a g .... i can make the hash last three day's and the weed would maby last 24 hour's

16. Ah see, that is exactly what I was looking for thank you.

I don't personally believe in that shit, I've been smoking where it's been like too much and I've gotten paranoid cause I'm so out of control I have no idea what's going on. I have also been stoned so little that the only effect I got was the paranoia and I felt terrible. I think it honestly has to do with your mood before you vape, if not then something else. I can't wrap my head around the idea that you get different effects from different forms of the same thing.

If I freeze water, it's still water. If I boil water, it's still water. If I move thc from the plant to an oil, it's still thc. If I vape it or smoke it, it's still THC. So I can't quite believe that personally, but I'm sure it has some sort of placebo effect on some people at the very least :p

17. Had to quote to point out how much it made me lol.
    Every day you use weed you're using a drug.

You just happened to buy into the weed elitism that many people on GC would like to sell.
    One drug favoritism is funny; ie heavy partying drinkers.

18. [quote name='"thesavagepony"']

Had to quote to point out how much it made me lol.
    Every day you use weed you're using a drug.

You just happened to buy into the weed elitism that many people on GC would like to sell.
    One drug favoritism is funny; ie heavy partying drinkers.[/quote]

Yeah but I think he meant like it crosses the line between picking up some bud and smoking to where its like you have these oil canisters, flavorings , special pieces only for oil, and all the other supplies you need. I get this mental image from me sitting in a rocking chair just smoking a pipe to some crazy dude with an apron on and goggles in his kitchen.

As said before I understand if you make it from clippings, and its pretty boss when dealers have it but ill probably always just stick to its pure form.

I'm glad you found a way you enjoy consuming marijuana , ill never forget the first time I vaped x.x
    (Because I can't remember)

19. Because it is so much more powerful, like 10 times as powerful as a bowl. It can still taste and smell really dank too!

Plus, less burning plant matter, yet it still gets you higher than a normal vape (a dab compared to a trench in a vape).

20. I got some bad news, dude. You are using a drug. It's psychoactive - it gets you high... it's a drug.

--------

Think about how the high hits you with a bong in comparison to a joint. When you hit the bong the high hits you much harder - concentrates are like this. Not only do you have to smoke less (important for some), but it hits harder as well.