White Widow, yeah, yeah, I'm Old and boring

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Johnny Stash, Nov 17, 2018.

1. I don't even smoke it. I make un-decarboxylated capsules for myself and my niece. I have MS and she has Crohns. I do love growing it, gives me something to look forward to every day.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I hear ya. I find it to be a fascinating plant. I'm not even much of a gardener, though I'd probably do well in a horticulture type job.
    I'm not working right now and when my lights go out I feel lost. Don't know what to do with myself lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Welp.....looks like I'll be chopping these things down now.
    Fucking seeds. Must have been a hermie in the mix somewhere. And the plants that I found seeds on, I found several, and there are many more red hairs on those plants, probably meaning more pollinated than I thought. I'm not paying for anymore electricity to grow shit.

What a god damn waste. Between shitty buying/ordering experiences, several in fact, and now this, I am done.

Nothing ever works out for me, even when it seems like it will. Taking down the tent and selling my equipment.

4. That sucks.. I'd run them out at this point unless you have something else ready. Lots of good seeds. I'd drop my wattage on my light and let the seeds mature. All the weed back in the old days was loaded with seed. Still got us high...

5. Nah, I'm done. I can't waste anymore time on it. It's virtually occupied my entire life for the last couple months, and now the end result is gonna be mid-grade crap at best.

If I dial back the lights, it'll just be fluffy and seeded.
    I can't stand getting seeds in my smoke, and I can't stand sifting thru my bud to avoid it.

6. Well, that certainly is your choice. I just never trust purchased weed. Sorry again about your loss.

7. Dang man, you was growing the hell out of them plants, all the hard work you put into this grow you could plant some autos and have a quick start to finish, check out Organic Sinse's thread, IMO your setup would work easy.
    Peace TF

8. I don't know if it's myth, but my understanding is they used Ruderalis to develop the 'auto' trait, and I know Ruderalis is garbage.
    I have never had interest in even trying autos because of this.

9. Too bad about the seeds. Was it just one plant? Can you isolate the cause?

Not here to kick you in the pills, but I read ur gonna quit. So, I'd say give it another go immediately, if time permits. You already said you love growing the plant so much, what a shame it would be to not fullfill your intial goal.

With that said, and now saying im no sage, i can offer a diff perspective. As I went through your journal, I noticed your leaves were always slightly tacoing. And please someone feel free to correct me if im outta line. High heat/light intensity indoors has given me nanners too, this why i commented.

you have skills, hone them, and grow on.

10. Perhaps too much light, but no way it's because of heat.

I'm just wearing out with bullshit happening to me no matter what I do, no matter how hard I try at something and then watching scumbag assholes succeed at everything, becoming millionaires, getting shit handed to them etc. I can't even get a decent bag of chronic after a couple grand investment and a shit ton of work.

I don't know if I have it in me anymore to try again. Some days I feel like selling everything I own buying 4 crates of whiskey, 20 oz of blow, a gun and one bullet for the grande finale.

11. Try hempy buckets, less time and work so your not trying so hard and putting so much time into it, maybe your stressing yourself out by trying to per-fect the plant, also ask around and see who the reputiable seed banks are, my last grow hermied on me and i spent atleast 4 to 5 months growing it all, definately is a let down especially when you put all your time into it, the perfectionist are the ones who always take it the hardest, i feel your pain bro, dont give up though, your plants looked amazing!! You did a really good job, dont give up

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. Johnny Stash, auto's used to be crappy plants. They are bred with Ruderalis, that's what makes them auto flower. They have come a very long way. I will say some breeders are not the best. One breeder I've run two of their auto's are almost as good as photo's. Fast buds gorilla glue auto and their pineapple express were both easy to run and above average yield. I've also run G13's pineapple express photo's and everyone I shared this with liked the Fast buds pineapple express auto better. I've run Pyramid seed auto's, Sweets seed,Dutch passion, Nirvana and seedsman, not really impressed with any of them. Although Dutch passion, Brooklyn Sunrise wasn't to bad. Good luck in what ever you decide.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thanks for the kind words fellas, all of you. Much appreciated, I mean it.

I can't start another batch though. I haven't even mixed my soil for the next round. It will need to bake for 3-4 weeks. I am still waiting on my Oyster Shell Flour and a few other amendments I ordered a while back. I had this all timed out. They should be here in a few days. I would then mix them up, and let them sit until I crop, and get 4 1 gallons ready with plain ProMix. On crop day, 3-4 weeks from now, I germ my next seeds. As the crop would be curing, my seeds would be popping out tongues, my soil would be done baking.

So I am stuck deciding......grow these out (yes I pulled back on chopping them last night but I had the knife out), and see what I get.
    Or
    Sit here for 3-4 weeks as my soil bakes, with nothing else happening. Maybe get my next batch germing and vegging right away, but I only have genetics from the same source (White Widow, Nuken). I'm afraid to even germ these seeds now if it was bad genetics. Are they going to do the same thing?

I'm still hanging in there, but barely

• Like Like x 1
  14. Let them grow out!! No sense in chopping them, you already went so far, like everyone else said, it will still be good bud, just with seeds in it, if you wanted to wait till your soil gets done baking you could do a hempy right now just to experiment, just do one hempy bucket with one seed, by the time your soil is prepared youll have a decent size plant, do alot of lst on it so it wont get out of hand until the others catch up

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yeah, I'm going to grow them out. I went over them last night and it looks like the two smaller plants got it the worst. The two bigger ones are barely affected. So far at least. Glad it's not the other way around.
    And I will just wait for the soil to bake while I ride this out. Still iffy on the seed stock, but I can always get new genetics here quickly.

I would try hempy, if I knew what it was lol, or if I had a spot available but being in Canada, I am only allowed 4 plants :(
    I am going for my medical card soon though. I have had chronic back pain and debilitating migraines for years and lately, insomnia, bordering on Fight Club shit. Averaging about 2-3 hrs sleep a day, if that, for the last month or two. Probably not helping much with how I feel.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Probably not helping much at all my friend, anxiety runs in my family and i know what its like to get depressed and give up on things and to have panic attacks and just loose your mind over nothing!!! Stick in there my friend, your doing a great job!! Id like to see more grows from you, everyone on here will help you on your way to

17. Thanks man, I appreciate it! I've been sleeping better the last couple days but I think it's because of all the work with my new soil mix. Pooped as all hell lol

• Like Like x 1
  18. Starting to yellow. I'm going to have to give them some mild liquid nutes. Been trying to stick with straight water last couple weeks.
    20190120_191026.jpg

This plant is doing well as far as staying green, but soms tip burns and some taco action

20190117_181452_HDR.jpg

This last plant is taco-ing bad, but the buds are exploding so whatever. It's been watered to a decent run off with 7.0 pH water
    The run off water was 6.3 and ~980 ppm lol! Maybe a little hot for organics?

20190120_223437.jpg

The plants seem to still be producing nice buds despite what appears to be signs of both over and under nourishment at the same time. As far as the seeds, I am still finding some, but for the most part I think I lucked out. I will find out later I suppose.

I have my next batch of soil "cooking" right now. This has a much better amendment base to it. Better aeration. Will "cook" for recommended 3-4 weeks time this round.

ProMix
    Organic Sea Soil compost
    Steer manure
    Earth worm castings
    Kelp meal
    Alfalfa meal
    Bone meal
    Blood meal
    Feather meal
    Glacial rock dust
    Rock phosphate
    Oyster shell flour
    Azomite
    Dolomite lime
    Langbeinite
    Gaia Complex carbons
    Coffee grounds
    Shit tons of perlite

I think that's everything. I have my mix ratios written down somewhere but can't find it right now. Probably a little hot though. I am getting good thermal action already so I am turning it regularly.
    Might order some crab or shrimp meal and some high phosphorous bat guano, but I think I am pretty well covered. P is about the least covered, though I added 1-1/2 cups of rock phosphate per cubic foot. Lots of N with the Blood and Feather meals. K is well covered with the Langbeinite.

Mixed a very gentle Gaia 4-4-4 with some oyster shell flour for the smaller 1 gallon pots. The seeds will start this time in pure, unaltered ProMix in beer cups or something small like that to let them get well established roots before going into 1 gallons.
    That's the plan at this point so far. Thanks for the encouraging words from everyone, otherwise I might not have had the drive to get this all done.

20190117_205519.jpg

19. #59 TimJ, Jan 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    Your plants are looking great.. I'm no expert with HPS. But, could the tacoing be due to the light being to close?

20. I didn’t see gypsum on you list of amendments it’s easy to find and not expensive, I have used it in every batch of soil I’ve made and consider it a must have for my soil mix.
    What mild liquid nutes are you using ?