White Widow X Big Bud - Grow Journal

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by sirsly, Dec 6, 2012.

1. #1 sirsly, Dec 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2012
    ATHE BEGINNING......

(06/12/12)

▪1x1x2 Growtent
    ▪2x RVK Fans (intake/outake)
    ▪Plant Magic Soil Supreme with Fytocell
    ▪Plant Magic Plus Old Timer 'Bloom' and 'Veg'
    ▪400watt HPS 'flower'
    ▪250watt CFL 'Veg'

Germinated 5 x White Widow X Big Bud overnight using the paper towel method and pre-soaking for 12 hrs beforehand. Success with all five so put into soil and watered. Once they break the soil its straight under my CFL for 24/24. I'm going to do a full journal on this grow in the hope someone finds it helpful. Lots of conflicting info about this hybrid strain, both good and bad so i thought i'd find out for myself.

Cont..........(08/12/12)

So approx. 24hrs after pre-soakin them all five have shown signs of life. I'll leave them on my windowsill for today and tomorrow let them get accostomed to the light and on Sunday i'll put them under my CFL. I'm not really surprised they all sprouted because (touch wood) the seeds i've ordered from Attitude have had a 100% germination success rate - so big up Attitude! At the moment i'm drying my Barneys Farm Blue Cheese and it smells so so good. I can't wait to smoke it. At the moment i'm smoking John Sinclair Amsterdam Skunk and due to unforeseen problems i had to harvest 3 wks early! Even so, the smoke is a little harsh, but the high is strong although it doesn't last very long. I just wonder if i would of let it go full term (i find 70-74 days is good) i think this strain would of been very strong - Black Widow strong!
    Anyway, i digress, my current White Widow x Big Bud grow has started well and will start a 24hr light cycle in approx 2 days.
    Peace Out.....

Cont........(10/12/12)

All have grown over an inch in 24hrs and will need to go under the light as soon as possible to stop any stretching.

2. Sub'd! Curious to see how this EXACT strain does. Specifically to see what it yields.
    I wanted to go with the same strain when ordering from Attitude, but I ended up going with White Widow the original over the hybrid.
    I'm a couple weeks ahead of you in my grow, so check it out if your interested

Sent from my iPad using GC Forum #FineSmoking

3. Keep us updated! I use Plant Magic Soil Supreme, Oldtimer Grow/Bloom, Granules, Veg Boost and Bio-Silicon. I love the stuff, I don't see it used by anyone on GC though.

Is your WW x BB the female-seeds x-line?

4. #4 sirsly, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2012
    White Widow x Big Bud Cont........
    So all five have sprouted and will be put on my windowsill to get used to the light gently, and in 2 days under my CFL on 24hr light cycle until exactly 1ft tall, then top and switch to 12/12. I'm not surprised all five of the seeds sprouted because i've 100% success rate with the seeds i get from Attitude - so big up Attitude!
    Peace Out.

5. All have grown over an inch in the last 24hrs. Tomorrow i'll put them under a CFL to stop any unwanted stretching.

6. So my plants are under the light approx. 2ft away. If i need to lower it or higher it i will do as needed. They seem to be really thirsty plants because they needed watering again today. I'll post some pictures on my next post. Peace.

7. sounds danjk

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. 48 hrs and coming on good (touch wood). Im smoking Blue Cheese from my last grow at the mo and its fuckin sick! Each drag is like a mouth full of candy - defo growing the strain again. Yeilds aren't brilliant but Blue Cheese is grown for quality anyway. If yeilds what your after go for Big Bang! I got 12 1/2 oz dry off four plants! Anyway, back to my WW x BB, i have noticed with this strain you need to check regular for watering cause their thirsty bitches! Apart from that - sweet!

Attached Files:

9. #9 sirsly, Dec 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2012
    So i potted up today into 11litre pots. They'll veg in them for approx 4-6 weeks, and then i'll transfer into 15litre pots on the day i switch to 12/12, so after that i dont have to disturb them.

ForumRunner_20121223_180704.png

ForumRunner_20121223_180712.png

ForumRunner_20121223_180721.png

So all went well. The distance to light dustance gets easier with experiance - honest! Its something that is very simple but can become very complicated. Anyway, so far, so good. I'll give them a few days to settle and post some pics. Peace.

10. They all seem well. Not had to feed and nothing but water and soil has been given. So far one pot up into i think 9litre and i'll put them into their final pots (15litres) on the day i switch to 12/12. I do this because once there actually in flower i obviously don't touch them, so its basically the last opportunity to slow them down growing up in this kind of way. I know once there in flower theres tecniques e.g L.S.T, but i leave them, personnaly, once i switch. I think perhaps a gentle feed will be needed next watering but this one will be water sat for 24 hrs and at room temp. only. I water only when the top 1-2 inch of soil is dry and until it flows gently out of the bottom. I then let them sit in this 'drainage' water for approx. 5 minutes. This gives the bottom half of the plant time to have a good drink instead of just draining straight away. So yea, alls good so far. I'll start flower at 12 inches and until then sit on my hands!

Attached Files:

11. So had my light a little to close! They looked a little stressed bending and growth slowing a little. Moved the light up 2 inches and left it an hour and a visible improvement. All the branches are spread and just enjoying the rays. One plant seems a little smaller than the rest, but still a lovely healthy bright green so i'm just assuming its the plants genetics. Post some pics on my next post. Peace.

12. Any updates? I just got myself a pack of these and am curious about them. I haven't seen a full grow journal of them yet, and would love any information if you don't have the pictures of them growing up.
    Thanks!