Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Which strains do you recommend for my mental condition?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Majamaica, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Hi folks!

I’m a new grower and my first grow is quite random - I would say I’m still just trying it out and experimenting with growing, but as I would like my next grow to be as good and helpful as possible, I’d like some advice, so if anyone here can relate or have an idea about which strains I may want to grow next time, that would be amazing.

I suffer from different mental struggles, and I will try to explain it as short but precise as I can.

I suffer from anxiety, worries, tendency of paranoia, depression, lack of motivation, lack of energy both physically and mentally, difficulties to sleep and relax my mind, and difficulties in keeping a balanced sleeping routine.

Some people would say I could use a sativa strain in the morning/day to get more energy and an indica strain at night to fall asleep. The question is, which one? Because from my experience with sativa dominant strains, when inhaled in the morning/day, they often tend to increase my paranoia. That means, they may get my blood running and heart beating and may make me want to just do it - I mean just do all the work and things I need to get done during the day and wish I had motivation and energy to do, but the paranoia is taking over and turns into anxiety, which makes me end up not getting much done, cause I end up thinking/worrying too much - I end up thinking, not acting.
    I think I need a strain which makes more motivated and strong, but which at the same time is chilling my mind, making me confident and happy during the day. One that doesn’t let me think and worry too much, one that makes me just doing it with confidence without worrying. That was the more complicated one. Any suggestions?

At night I simply just need to relax my mind and feel tired and go to sleep feeling comfortable and chill. Any suggestions here?

Thank you in advance!

2. I would look into microdosing psilicybin. Lots of new research and anecdotal evidence. Town I live in has a trial for severely depressed people. Not canabis related I know.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. I would suggest a nice indica to start. Mid level thc with high lemonene terp profile. I would avoid sativas with anxiety conditions. If you want to "stay out of your head" then stay away from high sativas. They can make you over think and become more paranoid. Jmo

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. most seed companies have a section on the left side of the page that allows you to pick a strain based on the treatments the strain provides like depression you would click depression and it would pull up every strain they sell that treats depression. or you can google cannabis strains for....... and that should also give you a list. I smoke for the medical properties as well so strain research is top priority when im in the market for new seeds.
    with that said
    my tops strains for morning or working are durban poison, or green crack
    chilling are laughing buddha, or blue crack
    night time sleepy time cotton candy kush

their are many strain containing these and countless others its all about finding the right ones for you. some sativas peek my issues leaving me paranoid or anxious once you eliminate those and find what works life gets a lot easier. good luck in your journey

5. Did you ever figure out a Strain??

6. Strains don't mean that much these days. You can buy Gorilla Glue at one dispensary and buy the same strain down the road from another dispensary and it tests different as far as compounds percentages and terps.

If you want to grow a good medicine for your mental wellness, take the time to try different strains using your nose first. Your body knows what kind of medicine it needs just by smelling. Just like food, when you are craving something, it will smell nice and inviting.

Sadly, with covid, we can't smell the jars anymore to know which terpenes our body desires, but you can buy a variety of seeds and perhaps start there. Or have something that you love tested so you will have a starting place of what kind of medicinal pot seeds you prefer. Hopefully as the cannabis business matures, we will be able to see what exactly is in our cannabis as far as what percentage of THC/CBD and a few other compounds. And what terpenes are in each strain.

You might enjoy this podcast. It's super interesting and this girl really knows her stuff.

E050 Cannabis Science 101: From Novice to Pro 1of2 — The Cannabis Business and Science Podcast

• Like Like x 2
  7. High cbd low thc would be my suggestion if ur new to the whole thing

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Thanks for the link. Lots of good sounding podcasts there.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  9. Blue dream is easy to grow and a high yielder pretty much a all.day strain ... Northern lights is always a good staple strain in the indica category ..and both these strains come in auto flower form

• Like Like x 1