Which rosin machine should i choose ?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by Lowryder_NYC, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Is there any veteran or knowledgeable rosin makers here ? I've been out the growing game a while and recently started growing again, due to the prices going up because of corona, which is costing me a small fortune due to price increases. So I've decided to get things setup again.

I have been looking at rosin machines but stuck between 2 machines and what the benefits of each machine would be. I have done rosin from flower before but it was with my girlfriends hair straightners.

The rosin machine I am looking at, I've never heard of in my life! They are called Qnubu (i know weird name) however, there machines look the part but there doesnt seem to be a lot of info out there on them, which is making me wonder if there machines aren't that good ?

The first is a manual 1 ton machine and the other is a 20 tonne machine. There is a big difference in the rosin press machine prices too. One is £375 and the other is £1350.

Now the 20 tonne machine, is really at top end of my budgdet and it's a lot of money too me, so I want to be 100% certain before I progress forward with the purchase and would like some resident experts to chime in, with advise and possibly recommendations to other machines (that are within budget)

Does anyone know if the 20 tonne machine would yield more because there is more pressure ? or can it just press more flower ?

Here is the machines FYI, any info or anyone using one of these to make there own rosin would be appreciated.

This is the "manual" rosin presser

https://dankpacks.com/product/manual-1-ton-extraction-bolt-system-press-by-qnubu/

2nd is the 20 tonne presser but tbh, its a lot of money and i wanna make sure if i buy it, it will work and produce the results I am looking for.

https://dankpacks.com/product/20-tonne-hydraulic-press-qnubu-press-pro/

I am in the UK, so I need machines that will work in the UK and not cost a small fortune to buy, as I've seen them going for £5000+, which is wayyyy out my budget.

Thanks for any advise

2. Pure Pressure has some of the top of the line models but like you said you are on a budget.

That said, I’d look at the Nug Smashers. They have several different models, upgrade plan, and a lifetime warranty.

I love mine and if I ever need to get to another level of my rosin game, I can trade mine in for a better model. I’m not sure if there are any other companies providing the same incentives, but the lifetime warranty is what sold me.

I’ve seen some of my buddies use the Qnubu one, that thing is pretty good. Don’t know about the warranty though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks for the advise, gonna take a look at the nug smasher machine now. Which model are you using though ? what are your yields like ? have you have any problems or anything like that so far ?

Qnubu look the part but there seems to be very little infos on them online. I've looked through quite a few sites but some of them are stupid crazy prices, not sure where and how they price these things. If i could get something that is automatic and under £1000 and works. I will be a happy man.

4. #4 Nex420, Jul 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    I’m from US and it ran me about $900+ cause I got the package that included some of the bags and tools etc. I think the model I got runs around $700, it’s the nugsmasher original , squishes up to 14 grams on a 4x4 plate. It’s a manual, the next step up was the automated one.

I get 12-20% returns , depending on material. I think the automated one would probably get you the extra few percentages cause of the consistent squeeze from start to finish. However, my arm has gotten pretty good at jacking mine down and at a consistent squeeze. Got to muscle it a little, that’s probably the only downside to my model. The little press of a button would probably be beautiful but I’ll leave that for the future upgrade that I was mentioning cause they have some top of the line models as well that are $2k+.

I was always skeptical with the other brands because I used to see them cover the equipment for 1-2 years max on warranty. And to me, that’s a load of shit. I know there are others that probably mimic what nugsmasher is doing with the warranty and trade-in program, maybe someone from the UK will chime in. @Progrouk @BrewsnWeed666 @mactheman @Vegi @The sailing dog maybe they can shed some light

5. I'd check out dabpress as well, they seem to be a good value. There are a number of youtube reviews if you want to go check them out.

• Like Like x 1