Which feature do you think matters most when choosing the dry herb vaporizer

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by samlau0086, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Recently, I was considering buying another vaporizer as a backup device. What feature should I put in the 1st place when choosing one? What feature comes next?

2. Clean air path is a must ... and then Glass air path is second

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Salutations SamLau0086,

Just get a pair of VaporGenie pipes while you still can, if it's not too late...

Or at least some Duocel tetrakaidecahedron SiC pucks with the very same porosity. By the way, in pulse mode metal surfaces simply don't reach temperatures capable of generating off-gasing except if already dirty with residue coatings anyway... Those pipes will last years instead of days, or weeks/months in case of an accidental fall. Not to mention the wooden model can be repaired if you're reasonably handy, or even converted as a bong adapter. YMMV, nice thinking about getting a backup!

Then IH drivers and their corresponding delivery tool shall finally prove ready, but the year will be 2050 or so and the UN army will be on the look-out to shoot inhalers on sight...

:confused_2:

Good day, have fun!! :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. I see, thanks. Glass mouthpiece, ceramic chamber, and independent airway would make a good combination I think.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I use the Fury vapes as my example ... isolated heater coil located in the stainless steel tube that fresh air enters from the bottom and not anywhere near the circuitry. then stainless steel bowl chamber to put herb in . I use the glass pieces that insert into the herb bowl - These Fury 2 glass attachments Fury 2 glass attachments at DuckDuckGo
    many vapes have air moving over electronic circuit boards that are being heated somewhat ETC.....

• Like Like x 1
  6. Great question...I have three flower vapes.

The pax 3, Arizer Solo 2 and the Mighty.

Pax 3 is handy and easy to carry, but has a tight draw. Flavor is fine, but, only really good for home as it is difficult to fill, when on the go.

Solo is a solid piece, and I like being able to moderate the fill, as I am a solo vaper. Also an advantage for the Pax. The Solo has better draw, and the glass tubes cool the vapor, so not as harsh on throat. The glass tubes can be pre-loaded, making on the go smoking convenient. However, the size of the battery and the tubes mean this is not the easiest approach to down-low consumption.

The Mighty is my fave: very cool smoke, precise temp control (as with Solo) and very portable, especially if you use the little metal slugs. Mighty also comes with a loading tool I find quite handy.

so, in answer to your question, I’d say my primary factors are:

Cool smoke
    Precise temperature control (sometimes I’m vaping at 350, sometimes 370 or in-between)
    Portability
    Ease of reloading
    Flexible loading amount

ymmv

• Like Like x 1
  7. ....and something a little less obvious

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Couldn't agree more. I think I got the direction now. Really appreciate.

9. Hi again SLx,

Well, if the 3rd selection criteria matters then it seems to me you've got to seek some really detailed description of any Arizer product on your mind, because i know it's been one of their design characteristics since at least 2008 to force the sharing of a customer's lungs-path with potential robo-fart - which can't be absolutely eliminated as a real possible risk, the only way to be 100 % sure being NOT to gamble with it on the 1st place... E.g. YLMV (your luck may vary)!

:confused_2:

As for the insistance over glass @ 200 °C this may sound appropriate in a micro-wave but right now people are writing about a ban on vape parcels and hence one has got to wonder who's gonna fix that when that purist feature finally breaks into pieces. Oh yeah, glass is great in terms of maintenance, but as a "Plan-B" it's too brittle for reliable/dependable service IMO - which leaves metal as the next best alternative. Just don't attempt to clean it up in a micro-wave!!

:coffee:

By the way, i find Pyptek's Pocket/Titan/Bubbler products inspiring, though meant for smokers only.

But i suppose that's no longer going to be an option neither and recent political signs don't announce any improvements soon, except putting more greed in power to "save" the children of Victoria. yano, those who were abducted using "Indian Hemp"/"Cannabis sativa L." around the '80s (~135 years ago), in order to turn them into sexual slaves, them and their mothers. Never mind mentioning since then there's even more potent stuff that simply doesn't even compare, meanwhile they keep chasing the safest plant of the list...

<_<

Good day, have fun!! :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. I use to combust and loved the taste of the bud. loved to smoke a lot. I discovered vaporizers and now I have the mighty and love it. I do not even use my big ice pincher or combust anymore. When i was shopping i wanted to make sure that my device is giving me all the bud is capable of while caching it out without stirring. the mighty does a great job. I get pretty high and its a cleaner tastier high. lol

11. Smooth pull, even herb vaporization and longevity are tops on my list.

I really hate when a vape feels like you're sucking a thick milkshake through a straw. My Pax 3 isn't particularly great on pull but I find it acceptable when compared to some of the cheaper portable vapes I've tried.

I generally LOVE the Storz and Bickel vapes but none of mine have ever lasted and they all had major problems. I've had a Mighty, two Crafty's (long story) and a Crafty +. I've been though broken buttons on two of them, broken heating units on three of them, and failing USB connections on the ones that managed to last long enough to get there. They're pretty good about getting you back up and running when things break but if you're a vape-only kinda guy that downtime sucks.

The Crafty+ would probably be my fav if they added a USB-C port, a beefier button, and fixed whatever has been going on with some of the heating units. Great size, great pull and it sits flush on a table. I didn't like that the Mighty did not.

Come to think of it also had a Plenty that never broke. I gifted it to a friend and to my knowledge its still kicking. I didn't like using it though; felt like sucking on a Black and Decker power tool, and looked like it too.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. This is like asking what your fav features would be on a new car.
    Everyone will have a different answer to suite their personal preference.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. #13 mascudkoray, Aug 5, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
    When i was shopping i wanted to make sure that my device is giving me all the bud is capable of while caching it out without stirring. the mighty does a great job.

14. with portable and at home use the only real things im concerned of is bowl size and heat up time.

with portable im concerned about size and form. im a 37 year old punk, im not trying to look more like a crack head heating my dynavap with a torch but my pax 3 looks like a nicotine vape or even a usb batterypack (thats what my apprentice thinks it is). my mighty is my fav by far but i cant even pocket that comfortably.

when im at home i want something thats on demand and the ability to be left plugged in and heated up AND multi use. check out the ditanium for this. FABULOUS.

15. Easy to clean.

16. Lasting quality and practical performance without breaking the bank. Don't fall for those cheapies and don't pay over $100 unless you're buying a replaceable battery mod that will last forever. There are plenty of inexpensive ones, but they end up in the landfill. There are a lot of expensive ones, but they are complicated, clumsy, and usually not portable. I found a sleeper on the market called the VAVOVAPE JEDI. Vavovape creates for other companies like Yocan so they don't advertize themselves. My Jedi is going on 2.5 years, no moving parts, runs at 464f without burning 3 x 5 min rounds with charge left. Sturdy, compact, and portable it's made from a flashlight battery. The Mighty and others like that are too expensive and require much maintenance. Some swear by them, but if I paid that much, I would wave their flag around and try to get my money's worth out of it.

17. maybe even more important than battery life is the heater dying in there too along with batt dying