Which Boots?

Discussion in 'Fashion & Lifestyle Trends' started by jay719, Mar 27, 2021.

1. I have been shopping for a nice pair of leather boots. I have looked at Allen Edmonds, Redwing, and Thursday boots. The AE’s look very nice but they seem to be more of a fashion boot, and less durable than the Redwings. The Redwings look to be a tougher leather, but in person they didn’t look that great and they are the least fashionable of the three in my opinion. So I am now thinking about picking up some boots from Thursday Boot Company. I am trying to decide between Cadets, Majors, and Presidents. Which one look better in your opinion?

5942E752-B95E-454A-B0E7-668AD68AA451.jpeg AA3E4B27-DBDE-4E52-9A1D-8966A75285FE.jpeg 123CFD12-E295-4C79-842B-5A6704A5D598.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Redwings for work, Lucchese for dancing

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Nice boots. I checked out the Lucchese website and they make some absolutely amazing looking boots. The cowboy boot look doesnt really work for me personally, but if it did I wouldn't hesitate to pickup something from them because the craftsmanship, details, and materials appear to be top notch. I really liked these:

upload_2021-3-26_23-57-7.png

boots2.JPG

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Redwing have a huge selection of boots man I don't know if they have one that looks like the particular style you are going for but something close. I would say the closest equal competition to Redwing would be thorogoods. I like the way the thorogoods have a softer leather than the Redwing but still last as long.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. #5 jay719, Mar 27, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
    I have looked online, and visited two redwing stores today and didn't really find exactly what I was looking for. Close, yes, but not quite. The redwing merchant boot is the closest I have found to what I want, but neither of the stores in my area had them in stock to look at in person. Also, I am not sure if the stores use seconds for displays or just don't condition their display boots, but the leather on the models I was looking at in store, the iron ranger and blacksmith, really didn't do much for me. From what I have read they make some of the best work boots around, but the boots in their heritage collection really don't seem to me to be worth the $100 - $150 price difference between them and Thursdays. The models I was looking at also had a 270 welt instead of a 360. Minor difference I know but still present.

Thorogood boots seem like they are pretty nice as well, but I am not looking for a work boot.

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. I went ahead and picked up a pair of the first pic, with the zipper. I think I may wait and pick up one of the others when they have some seconds in stock.