where you live; do you look at and acknowledge random people?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by letsmokeasweet, Mar 27, 2021.

1. i was wonder about other people in other parts of the world. i was packing my bowl and this random car drive by and stoped at my driveway. i knew the person driving wanted to say something
    but a car drove up and he had to
    move

i keep looking down and did not look at them. i made my bowl and he was gone

if i would have looked at him, he would have came up and i have weed my weed everywhere. i woulda had to move it just so i can get up to talk to them.
    plus
    most people around here just want to scam you, rob you, hustle you, scope you out or try to gain information on you.
    if you open that door a crack they will try and wedge it open more. i don’t wanna deal with that shit.

if anything it’s just a waste of time

what about yall?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. U sound paranoid dude

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. i am a little bit
    because:
    i have learned throughout life that
    every fucking time i let my guard down:
    i get FUCKED by life one way or another.
    so i always have to pay attention to stupid little things.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. i’m off to work. today i have to dig out these post that are on top of a couple of gas lines...see the yellow lines

Attached Files:

5. the other day, at the other end of the yard, i almost hit the electric line that goes from the electric boxes to the meter on the house

wouldn’t you be paranoid

Attached Files:

6. Situational awareness is key, it’s a different world we live in.
    I grew up in the hood so it’s normal to look at others and be suspicious of their intentions or agenda.
    As soon as I leave NY though the volume definitely drops and you get more hellos and in general a more friendly demeanor from strangers.
    People can recognize when you’re not trusting of others though. You tend to be a little more on edge and less relaxed. That doesn’t go away easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  7. Random my guy, what happened to topic..? Lol

8. Sometimes I talk to em.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Did you pull the trace wire to mark it.

10. i call the 811 people to come and mark the lines. the problem is: they give them selves a 18 inch margin or error.
    quite a few times i was digging the post out and the gas line was wrapped along the concrete; while the person that marked it-said it was about 12 inches away.

11. so true:
    so hard to change
    used to
    live in the bad part of
    town. had to be mean, ect...moved to the nice area. in the country. people very nice and friendly and look out to their neighbors. finally got used to waving at everyone

then i move back here lol at first everyone looked at me weird when i wave, even the old people. so i don’t wave anymore

• Like Like x 2
  12. lol did u look at a random
    person today? i’m
    going to the grocery store today. i am going to look a random person in the eyes and smile and lets see what happens

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hell yes bro only everyday, practice makes perfect my friend! I totally get where you're coming from in my younger days I would never wanna look people in the eyes in fear they would notice my stoned-ness, but now that weed is legal where I live, idgaf

14. A suggestion - True Latch Anti-Sag gate brace. I'm friendly to all until the situation dictates otherwise.

• Like Like x 1
  15. lol

16. blah i don’t like using metal brackets they are ugly and boring. i use cedar for the rails and i can use bolts if they pay extra. i’m thinking of making this lady this gate with a herringbone pattern...what do y’all think??

Attached Files:

17. Maybe he thought person was an undercover pig?

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. I feel that though bro I really do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. I say hi to everyone. My city's pretty relaxed. I always acknowledge older folks.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. so weird being in a ‘friendlier’ environment.

sometimes it’s nice being in a large community. it is easy to get lost among the people and you can go to wall mart drunk as a skunk and no one would know

i grew up in a small town. when i was a little kid, one day i decided to skateboard down this very large hill that was pretty dangerous. my mom allready found out before i made it down to the bottom of the hill but i was almost to the bottom when she pulled up in the car yelling at me to get off rotfl

• Like Like x 3