Where do the doors in your life lead to?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Green Weed, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Like does it lead to the inside of your life or does it lead to the outside of your world? For me they lead to the outside.

I was thinking about this yesterday when I was gonna go to the store and I noticed the gate was padlocked. I sat down to have a smoke and then I got the key to go open it.

It just makes me wonder what private people are really scared of?

Doors and locks are really interesting to me. I just find them really annoying now.

I found out I'm neither claustrophobic nor agoraphobic but I'm just something those two words really bother me.

It's interesting when people build houses or buildings and how they install the doors like does the front door swing outside or inside. And indoor doors and which way they swing open or closed. I never care if there's a lock on a door or not.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. #2 theepopeofdope, Jul 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    That's civilization for you. With it came locks. Before it was hunting and gathering whatever you could carry.

My doors are always shut or I'm gonna get snakes in my house.

3. Oh, I see. So man merely invented locks and doors to keep out animals, I guess? Or to make a house more of a home rather than living in huts outside? I guess I think that makes sense. Society is kind of weird sometimes like being born into it.

Nice song by the way. I thought you were gonna play something by Jim Morrison lol.

I was thinking about this more yesterday though. I kinda feel like doors in my life kinda lead to nowhere in particular. Like unless it leads to a long hallway. I don't feel necessarily safe behind a door but it's nice to know it's there to prevent or keep things out from coming in.

I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about this and the only door that I feel that leads to the inside of something is the door to my bathroom. I always feel pretty, relatively safe in there.

4. We live in the country and dont lock our doors. I dont even have keys to some or locks on others.

We leave the keys in our cars in the dooryard as well.

j

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 Green Weed, Jul 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    Oh. I see. Well when I was growing up I always make sure the front door is locked even when my parents were at work and I knew they'd be coming home later that night. They would be weirded out that I keep the door to my room locked all the time. I leave it ajar sometimes so my dog can go in, though.

I have my house/car keys in my left pocket at all times when I'm outside. When I get home I just toss or place them on my desk table in my room.

6. I want to open every door that I pass, I can't help myself. Sometimes I've regretted it, but mostly I've experienced it as an opportunity to take what's inside and enrich my own life.

Not literally, of course. Y'all don't have to worry about me thieving from your unlocked doors. Maybe I'll just have a little peek inside.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I prefer keeping every door in my life closed. I don't like the image of an open door. Doors creaking open or closed is the creepiest noise to me ever.

Whenever people keep doors open I just think they're lazy. I think it's annoying when people don't close doors behind them, or they don't turn the doorknob as they're shutting it and it makes a noise. Awkward.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. #9 GreeneCaps, Dec 16, 2020
    Last edited: May 30, 2021
    So far they’ve only lead me either to the inside or the outside of rooms. :hide:

9. This is a deep one, so I’ll drive by and only drop this little factoid. Fwiw, modern code dictates that exit doors swing out so in case of an emergency, it’s faster and safer for folks to exit.

• Like Like x 1
  10. To the light at the end of the tunnel leading to the next vagina you pop out of :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hell.

• Like Like x 1
  12. What's a door?

13. Just a regular-ass door. I was thinking about how sometimes some people would have ropes with beads hanging as a "door" lol, I always thought this was pretty funny.

Sometimes I think a door is pretty nice and friendly and it's there to let you know you can always leave a room and you know you won't be trapped inside.

Like even in jail they don't just drop you into a box with no entrance or exit, even your cell has a door.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hmmmm.....if I'm in a bedroom or just hanging out in an "activity" room or den the doors are open. Now I will keep my doors to the outside world closed and on many occasions locked because people are dumb and I have a family to protect but in my younger days I would absolutely leave my front door open back door open and be hanging out outside.....I met a good friend this way....I was outside smoking a cigarette and this random stranger saw my front door open started a conversation with me then just went in my house. His name is Bill and he is still a good friend to this day. Cracks me up thinking about it.... interesting thread.

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  15. The doors lead to your many many possible realities of yourself.

• Like Like x 1
  16. every door leads to future n last one leads to deathness which is beautiful.stop tarnishing a natural process of life!! its not horifying or negative!

• Like Like x 1
  17. I’m sure you’ll start to appreciate locks after ur place gets burglarized.

• Like Like x 1
  18. In the physical sense, I am a city girl lol so doors locked! I live on a pretty nice street and there are actually 3 cops that live here. But still, my next door neighbor got her car stolen a couple years ago so you never know. I don't take chances like that
    On the spiritual/metaphysical sense all doors in my head are open. So many doors, all with stuff that wants me to see it, not hide from it. I have to close some of these doors so I can focus on one thing at a time but they all want to burst wide open as if a tsunami is blowing them down. I find I am used to it though, and when I am high it just passes through and isn't quite so overwhelming as fascinating.

19. The kitchen, the bedroom, the bathroom, outside. :love-m3j:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1