What makes a stoner a stoner?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Mr.dOIL, Jan 27, 2017.

1. I'd say it's probably anyone with smokes a lot of weed. Not sure if you were being literal, as this is the philosophy section...

2. It's a certain attitude. The Archetypal Stoner is "the Dude", .... man. It's a philosophical stance that one takes, a kind of Wacky Stoic Positivism.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. and a powerful throwing arm!

4. That's lame

5. If you smoke more than once a week, you’re probably a stoner.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. To me, a Stoner is somebody who uses cannabis disproportionately to anything else.

What I mean by that is, everything is done stoned. Everything revolves around cannabis consumption. The vast majority of time is spent high.

I used like this in my 20s, from morning until night, every day, whether I was working or not, in any situation, with anyone I was around. There was never any question that using it this way was the right thing to do.

But I don’t do that now. My almost constant cannabis use ended up being a detriment to the relationships in my life.

I do still use but I’m definitely not a Stoner. Perhaps one needs to be around others who are to reinforce the Stoner idea. It may be hard to be a Stoner as a solitary user. I use cannabis a lot less now. A Stoner would never do that as it is as much a part of life as eating and drinking.

I’m not sure I even like the term ‘Stoner’. I’m not sure I like the word ‘stoned’. I’ve never liked the names given to most of the strains either. Seems to trivialise the plant.

So perhaps a Stoner just means using while being young and carefree; and there’s nothing wrong with that, but some things change with age and especially with responsibility. Not easy to remain a Stoner forever.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mr.dOIL, Jan 27, 2017
    [​IMG]
    Nearly 4 years later I can conclude ....its up to the individual person

8. When I first found this forum, I generally thought of stoners as open-minded individuals who enjoy consuming cannabis, that is until I found the politics section....oh boy

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Anyways for me, a stoner is simply someone who consumes cannabis regularly and has a history of doing so, I mean now I smoke much less due to the fact of this pandemic I had to move back to my folks' place. I smoke usually 1-3 times a month now, as oppose to every week, however I'd obviously still consider myself a stoner, but whatever labels never really meant much to me anyways.

10. I chose not to label what I do.

11. If you think you are water.