What kind of foods do you hate?

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by Maxtasy, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Salo ...Raw pig fat. Enough said. And no, it's nothing close to bacon.

of late anything pickled thanks to her indoors.

Russians love to soak vegetables in vinegar and salt. Ugh
    Hákari consisting of a Artic shark or other sleeper shark which has been cured
    with a particular fermentation process and hung to dry for four to five months.
    It has a strong ammonia-rich smell and fishy taste, making hákari an acquired taste
    very good only with Vodka

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I know this stuff...it was also the name of a particularly gritty film...but yeah, they sold is at a russian shop near me. Finely sliced. Kind of had some chilli on it. Too oily. I can see WHY it's a foodstuff in cold places, but yach.
    Could maybe be rendered into cooking material, who knows.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I remember hitchhiking once and I got picked up by a salo truck driver. He asked if I minded him stopping at the slaughterhouse. The smell is still with me. He hooked up some pipe and filled the truck. It was eye opening.

Okay a food I don't enjoy - anything with aspartame like pop or jello. Any diet fakey sugar I can't stand. Leaves a weird flavor in my mouth.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Aspartame..? Sure I'm growing my own Stevia( a sugar plant from Brazil) to see how that goes, too expensive sugar replacement here

5. Stevia is the only one I can handle but it's also not chemical.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. You mean 'Salo 120 days , , , , ,?
    The dude who directed it got assassinated over it!

7. Cucumbers. But I love them pickled

8. It was called Salo in some places, titled "120 days of Sodom" in others. Yeah that one. Though I wonder if that's because the victims were considered pigs...?

9. I hate broccoli but I'll still eat it with meat and potatoes and stuff I just scarf the shit down without tasting it to try to be healthy

• Like Like x 1
  10. I eat raw broccoli stems.

11. Lima beans, Lima beans, Lima beans. By chance, did I mention Lima Beans?

12. I am not a very picky eater. 2 things I will not eat though are eggs and cottage cheese.
    I won't even mention liver bc I don't know how anyone eats that. It shouldn't even be considered food.

It's amazing how much different the food is in other countries. I know I'd be in trouble if I had to eat something besides American food. I like Mexican food but not spicy so I would imagine it's just American food called Mexican.

13. Theres a few things I dont like, but will eat out of politeness at other peoples houses or simply because they are healthy, to reduce the amount of deals I make with god when I get chest pains
    But the things I CANNOT ABIDE:
    Mushrooms
    Bananas
    Brussel sprouts

14. Nutella. I loathe Nutella.

15. I'm not a picky eater and I like most foods. But two things I just can't eat: Carrots (especially boiled) and tripe. Carrots in anything actually make me gag, and I've had tripe once unknowingly while eating pho and never again. Not because of its taste but more so because of the texture.

16. Tripe I can understand being a challenge, texture wise.
    Not one of my favourites, but if it's cleaned right and done spicy, I'll deal.
    Things like that, ventricles and tendons are all much the same and it's a lot about the handling and storage.
    Sadly, many do it just...wrong and half assed...and end up with a gross, slimy product. They shouldn't be.

Carrots eh?
    I wonder, do you make any exception for carrot cake?
    Ever tried orange and carrot juice?
    I feel like those two are ones that *might just* be acceptable to a person that won't eat carrots.

17. Carrot cake is an exception. I like carrot cake actually, because it doesn't really taste like carrots at all.
    Carrot juice is sort of iffy. If it's blended in with other veggies / fruits, I probably will drink it as the flavor of the carrot will be muffled by the other flavors. But if I taste carrot in there, I will gag. So no, I can't drink carrot juice straight up like if it's made with a juicer. I just can't deal with the taste.

18. My parents loved tripe but us kids never took to it, lol. Mind you, the tomato sauce it was braised in was delicious.

19. #60 Foloon, Oct 11, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    I hate greasy food and food from the store. I believe that a large number of harmful ingredients are added there and this is harmful to our health and our figure. I prefer to cook my own healthy food without oil and fat. I bought a good grill link recently and am creating culinary masterpieces. my family is delighted with this and it makes me happy