What kind of foods do you hate?

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by Maxtasy, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Guts - liver and any other pate bullish!t
    Crap restaurant food lathered in fat sauces - yuck

2. Brussel sprouts. Taste like poison.

Pears.
    I don't mind Nashi and Japanese apple/pears, but most kinds of pears I hate.
    Raw, that is. I'll eat them spiced/stewed or baked onto pastry or some such.
    Interestingly enough, I love pear cider. Whereas I like apples, but don't like apple cider.

I don't like things that are "too" sweet. Most taffy type candy these days. Nerds. Shit like that I used to eat when I was a kid.
    Now that I've quit - Coke and other softdrink/soda. Just tastes like straight up sugar now.

Papaya/pawpaw/rockmelon. Can't stand them. The smell. The taste. Fuck them.
    I do like honeydew melon which I've always found weird, as it shares a rough flavour profile and certain attributes with the others.

Raw oysters. Challenging texture. Flavour does little for me.
    I'll acid cook them in lemon and/or hot sauce though, or bake them after prepping...but even then they're not among my favourites, and people LOVE these motherfuckers. No time for 'em.

Jarred/canned asparagus. I don't know what happens to it, but the end result is horseshit.

Rye bread that's too dark. I quite like light rye.

Salads that are dressed with too much olive oil. Use olive oil as part of a dressing, not AS the dressing.

Tarragon (or any of the herbs that have licorice properties) in anything outside of Poulet chasseur.

Full cream milk. Just...too heavy...and I'm lactose intolerant so it kind of blocks my nose up. Cheese might be worth it. Milk isn't.

Fruit mince/Christmas pies.

Sweet and Sour stuff...very sugary...and just...always full of some kind of double deep fried bullshit...I could probably just say "cheap/non traditional chinese take away" as a blanket there. It's just...such a shit version compared to the actual cuisine.

Arabic salty/sweet fruit snacks.
    I get that it's normal where it's normal, you do you, but it is not a combination my brain can recognise as a palatable one.

Silkworm pupae. I'm not against bugs, I've had crickets. Not bad. Not impressive. But yeah, these silkworm pupae things I bought in a can, just to TRY to try something I'd never had before, were gross, too soft (I was kind of expecting crunch), slippery, had an unremarkable though strange flavour, but the water or whatever they were stored in just made the whole thing gross. Not for me. Not in that form anyway.

Egg Whites.
    Not if they're folded into something. I admire their functionality actually...and yes, for that, cool.
    I'm just talking about in a fried or boiled, or poached egg...I just never eat them.
    I'll have them chopped up in an egg salad though...but yeah...usually I just leave them.

...There's a lot more than I don't like to eat, but these ones are the immediate.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. olives & raw celery

4. I don’t like mushrooms, water cashews. I hate when deli meats have a slimy texture. Flan also grossed me out!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Onions. The taste and texture of cooked onions can make me puke. Oddly enough a little bit of onion powder which is just dehydrated onions turned into a powder does not really bother me. I love the fuck out of garlic though.

6. Hmmmm.... escargot because mollusks freak me out!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. ^ Don't like how it feels in my mouth as well. Ugh

8. Fully cooked steaks. Nasty shit.

Chicken breast.

9. I don’t hate any foods but I love a few weird ones.
    Cheese and black currant jam toasties...
    Haggis and smoked cheese wraps doused in chilli sauce then baked like burritos.
    Deep fried cream egg ice cream sundaes with whippy cream n strawberry sauce, sprinkles etc.
    And I’ve got a rather special way of eating a kinder bueno but that ones a bit more suited to the Pandora’s box threads lol :)

10. I ask the chef to just slap the cow on the ass and put it on my plate. It's ready to eat!

• Like Like x 2
  11. I mean...the moment there's no longer any pink...people use the term "well done" but given the amount of diminishing nutritional returns that go along with the (pink) colour loss, they should really replace the term "well done" with "burnt", or at very least "overcooked".
    It's fucked.

Chicken breast...less versatile and more care needed than thighs/drumsticks...but for me, in a roasted chicken, or in say a stock based dish or a curry where it's cooked immersed in a liquid...I can get down with that.

12. I like the flavor of tomatoes and mushrooms but can't handle the texture of raw ones. Don't care for eggplant or zucchini, squash, Brussels sprouts and a few kinds of seafood (lobster and crab, although huge fan of other types like shrimp, salmon and halibut). I've been hounded into trying Hawaiian poi on several occasions and every time it tasted like spackle.

13. I wouldn't consider myself a picky eater, but the more I think about it, the longer my list grows.

Olives - I've tried to enjoy them, but I just can't stand the flavour
    Mushrooms - I avoid them as much as I can, but will suffer through them if they're in something someone has made for me. And I hate being polite.
    Ketchup - Get this off my burgers and my meat pies
    Pears - I don't dig the sweet flavour, but I can't stand the texture. I don't mind when they're baked
    Wasabi - I love spicy food, but I don't like the underlying flavour and way it sparks up my nose

14. Peas... They are nasty little things! If we had to survive off of peas, I’d be in trouble.
    Also, I’m lactose intolerant so no dairy for me.... I always disliked the taste of milk, but I honestly do miss cheese. Dairy free products don’t come close in taste and texture. Imo

• Like Like x 1
  15. I don't like coconut. Not the flavour but the texture

16. #36 Green Weed, Jul 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    Well, - I'm a very picky eater...I always have been since I was little. I never understood the concept of 'having' to eat food. Eating pretty much disgusts me I keep forgetting. Some things that actually repulse me:

Mustard- I absolutely hate mustard.
    Pickles- I always pick them off burgers and the Korean sushi with the long stick of pickle absolutely GROSS.
    Cilantro- This stuff literally makes me gag like in Vietnamese pho noodle soup the smell it's like stepping into a grocery store anywhere and it absolutely reeks of just that cilantro smell. Now I know it's also called coriander. Now I know they put it in salsa and it's truly sickening to the palate.
    Liver- Eating piece of beef and it smell-tastes of liver that mineral-y iron-y smell-taste. Gag me with a spoon. No thanks. I'll pass.
    Blood- Any food with blood in it. Do I look like a vampire or a deranged nurse/doctor?

Pizza toppings I hate (absolutely):

Sausage- I always pick it off cause it has bits innit.
    Olive- Hate people that say they love this stuff.

Rice I hate.
    Fish I hate and despise. It smells like fish.
    Fruit leather YUCK.
    Sun Chips. yuck

Mineral water. Need I say more? Who drinks this stuff?

I'll eat anything now though but I always remember I hate these when I was growing up as a kid...

17. The only think I ever eaten that was vile was liver and kidney grilled it might have been ok if it was turned into pate or in a stew or pie. Other than that I enjoy all food.

18. stuff that doesn’t have enough crunch for what it is

19. bell pepper- top of the list
    Hate slimey cooked okra, pickled ok
    cheap chorizo, it includes assholes & snouts
    anything that came from the head of any animal

20. bell pepper- top of the list - Like Capsicum? Any colours better than others? Cooked? Fresh?
    Hate slimey cooked okra, pickled ok - Agreed. Gotta stay crunchy.
    cheap chorizo, it includes assholes & snouts - Dunno. I don't hate chorizo though. Spicy ones at least...though yeah truth be told I probably lean more towards quality yeah.

anything that came from the head of any animal
    - I feel like I might be able to convert you on ONE thing.
    Beef cheeks. If you like things like lamb shanks, osso bucco etc...it's texturally along the lines. Full flavoured excellent cut for slow cooking and pies. It's essentially just meat, nothing weird or head like about it...if you haven't tried it, I'd SO highly recommend it.