What is your preferred way to grow weed using no till?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Anonymous96, Apr 20, 2021.

1. I am thinking of doing either an indoor or outdoor not I'll grow with coco coir mixed with perlite and worm castings. What is your particularly preferred way to do notill that you can explain in simple terms? Like I understand that you don't fugg with the surface, no tilling or little to none at all and you just top dress dry amendments like bone meal or kelp meal and you you feed the worms in the soil for the soil to feed the plant.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1

2. Recommend against coco. Especially starting out.

All Organic Recipes and Notes Compilation

Start here. You don't have to follow the watering schedule.

The ratios for amendments have been reduced I believe to 1/3 cup each per 7.5g of base soil which is 1:1:1 peat moss, compost, and aeration.
    Your compost source is the most important part of the mix so don't skimp there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Don't use coco, stick to the recipe with sphagnum peat moss.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. So how many cups total amendments per cubic foot?

5. I don’t know if this is the type of answer OP is looking for but while I’m building up no till beds, I plant in bottomless containers and just leave it all in the garden as the season ends.

6. .

Its how much per cf of soil
    1/2 - 1 cup Neem or Karanja meal per cf of soil
    1/2 - 1 cup Kelp meal
    1/2 - 1 cup Crab/Crustacean meal
    1 cup MBP (Malted Barley Powder)

1/2 cup Gypsum (nice sulphur source)
    4-6 cups Rock Dust (Basalt is best but any will do)
    6-8 cups Biochar
    1 cup lime per of soilcf (oyster shell flower, dolomite...)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Someone was mentioning decreased amendments which was why I asked. The above poster mentioned 1/3 cup...

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. What are you confused about?

9. OP wants to know exactly how many total cups of amendments are you adding per cuft.

This says apply their mixture at 2 cups per cuft. Their mixture is a mixture of all the amendments already blended together. So I guess the answer you're wanting is 2? Idk.

I recently did half a cup neem, crab, gypsum
    1 cup kelp, MBP, lime
    2 cups basalt.

This was before I was made aware that the mix was cut down some.

Your water has an impact on what should go in to your soil mix also. I think you're worried to much about what exactly other people are doing when most of us stick to the recipe already provided to you and then tweak it as we go. There's no one set way bud. Start with the recipe.

If you want to know the "exact" amount of amendments going in per cubic foot of base, add the portions of the recipe together?

10. 2 cups per cf is about where I make my soil but someone above mentioned that coot's new recipe calls for 1/3 the amendments. Not necessarily confused just hoping to get everyone on the same page

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gotcha.