What is your favorite stoner movie?

Discussion in 'Stoner Movies & Documentaries' started by TheBongReaper, Jun 29, 2016.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. American beauty Kevin spacey if you haven't seen it, it's a must watch drama

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. The big Lebowski.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Half Baked

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. thats my vote aswell. was devestated when i realised how utterly shite the rest of their films were though.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. first time i watched the lego movie i was absolutely melted on some sort of sativa. gave me a full blown meltdown

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Great flick...been meaning to watch it recently. "G-13, genetically engineered by the government. It's extremely potent, but a completely mellow high - No paranoia"

7. Absolute classic strain

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I can’t believe no one mentioned The Grateful Dead Movie?!

J

9. Cowboys vs aliens

• Like Like x 1
  10. Grandma's Boy. It's a cult classic. I could watch it over and over. The characters and the dialogue just make it so good.

11. Adrien Brody has appeared in four films that were nominated for the Best Picture Oscar:
    The Thin Red Line (1998), The Pianist (2002), Midnight in Paris (2011) and The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014)
    So one day he was walking past this cheap as; dumb a*s 'High School 'Film being shot locally,
    when he got involved then ended up being one of the leading actors,
    I agree with the review below:

(A random drug test coincides with a high school valedictorian's first hit of pot. With his college scholarship at stake, he enlists the school's biggest stoner to help nullify the results of the screening - by getting the entire student body high)

Seriously, this was an AWESOME and a really fun and funny movie! A great film, even right from the very second the movie studio company names came on screen. Funny throughout and it was a decent length, not like some of these new comedies/films that just make it past an hour, this makes it the full hog!

From a 24 yo guy (with a wicked sense of humour) that watched this un-stoned for the first time, well it was funny as f^ck! Can't wait to blaze up for the second watch!

As to all the hate/res, WHAT!? the hell man!? I see many haters hating, but not reviewing, as there's really nothing that bad you can say about this film. You could almost go as far to call this masterpiece a great 'family' movie... I mean is there not enough quotable jokes and analogies in here for you all? Was the fine acting, by all, BUT WOW was Adrien Brody SOOOOOOOO good, not enough? This movie made me search more with him in it, as well as a bunch of the other actors/crew!

In my opinion this will become a cult CLASSIC stoner film! But saying that, I understand these 'new-age-hipster' stoners think it's not cool to just have fun and relax, hence why they don't find movies like Smiley Face funny (if you haven't watched Smiley Face high, you haven't seen it). I know as a community of potheads we are changing the 'cheech-chong-hippie' image to something more 'suit-like' and 'get-it-legal' type image, but I beg of you all, let us not forget that weed shouldn't be taken so seriously as to not allow ourselves to unwind and laugh at pointless nonsensical feats of 'wisdom'... at least from time to time. I get the 'legal' stance, hell, I'm actively doing something to make it legal, but it doesn't mean we should wear these hats 24/7/365, that in itself couldn't be healthy. Just remember to unplug and laugh once in a while... :)

I highly recommend you all give it a chance, I'm sure there's so much going on in it, that by the end, you'll feel you could just rewind (if we all still did that) and start it from the beginning, all over again.

To cast and crew, WOW, thanks for making a rare 'modern' stoner classic. Adrien Brody, that performance deserved an Oscar! I'd love to see a sequel. But regardless, it's right up there, probably higher than some of the best of them - think How High type funny, quiet possibly funnier.

Hope this helps some of you! .. meltinzone

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. #55 Stannabis420, Jan 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    Pineapple Express.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Some people not really bothering to read the thread title, stoner movie, don't remember much blazing happening in a couple of these movies :laughing:

The ultimate stoner movie, the best one... Friday :love:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Super troopers

• Like Like x 4
  15. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Cheech & Chong up in smoke or Pineapple Express/this is the end

17. All the Friday's

Makes me feel good..like I wish I had a family & friends like that

MPM