What if GC had one dedicated thread for conservatives and another for liberals?

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by Smokesignals420, Jan 17, 2021.

1. #1 Smokesignals420, Jan 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
    Do you think political discourse would improve?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. I don't think it'd work because you'd get people from either side going into the thread to post about how the feel, it'd be a nightmare for the mods imo because of all the monitoring/cleaning up they'd have to do:confused_2::laughing:

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Echo chambers are not healthy.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Stay Politically Correct / Silence Dissent
    I opened it to keep track of the censorship but you can see how far off track it kept getting to the point I just drop articles and don't post any commentary now.

I made one to track COVID-19 and it's already a good look back a year and see how I was thinking and reacting.

BNW

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. That may be a possibility, but that’s why there’s an alternative.

It’s built on the concept of people wanting to discuss politics without the confrontation.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. It never occurred to me that it could go that way. I just figured grass city was a pretty homogenous community and not inherently political.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Can I at least post my dick pics in them?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I don't really care what side of the political spectrum somebody is on as long as they don't go about it rudely OR are constantly trying to bait people into arguments. But I'm new here and can't speak for everyone else.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Do you hear yourself? Politics is literally about arguing that's what politics is. :lmafoe:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. This is easy.
    Facts should be posted as facts with supporting evidence.
    Opinions will be self identified as such by lack of supporting evidence.
    Lies should be quickly called out.

Most things, like 2 + 2 = 4 have supporting documentation.
    Other things, like the existence of UFOs don't.

Most political arguments should be about how good the evidence is.

For example, what is the evidence for Trickle Down Economics?
    Here's what its inventor has to say about it.

11. Fair enough, but was I was referring to wasn't about arguing itself as much as the aspect of baiting people into arguments where said issues are irrelevant (e.g starting an abortion debate in the thread about pets). Obviously debate is needed for politics, like you said, that's literally what it's about!

I hope this answer doesn't come across rude, I'm high while writing it which can make my tone sound harsher than it is. Writing high is... It's something. Lol.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. That just creates division man and not good vibes. The most groovy thing about here is how we can all get along for the most part.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Nah, we are too divided and that stinks. We all need to respect everyone and their opinions even if we disagree. Here, we all have one great thing in common, our love for the herb, we should all be friends and respect each other.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Each side would likely raid the other side.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. People who don't like to think and believe what they're told would love it. Got those on both sides.

They're already implementing this experiment on Facebook and YouTube and twitter as much as they can, and people on the left who don't like to think and believe what they're told LOVE IT.

• Like Like x 1
  16. #17 Killerbee4323, Jul 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
    Answering the original question. Because it would be two threads of people circle jerkin.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Because the two parties should stay segregated because two threads right.

Your basically describing most news outlets in America.

Not going well at all. I know people that consume cnn like its Jonestown kool aid. Scary to think people who will belligerently defend their open mindness will choose to only hear what they are told by manipulative corporations, who make something that was truly going away into a pandemic in its own right.

Bi partisanship has been dead for decades if you ask me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Tribal politics will be the downfall of the US

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. The basic premise is in error.
    The two existing sides these days are Trump Cultists and Liberals, not conservatives and liberals.
    The TrumpCult is far from conservative.
    True conservatives admit defeat when they lose elections.