What Happens if you attempt to breathe in space?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Bigman42003, Jul 1, 2019.

1. So I smoked a J and took some hits from my dab pen and this was in my train of thought: What would it feel like to attempt to breathe in space? Like the initial feeling of it. Would it be like water when you drown? Who knows no one s tried it

Sent from my LG-M322 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. You could never intake at all. As soon as your helmet came off, all the air would be suck out of your lungs and then your body would shut down from respiratory arrest. It would be just like dying by strangulation.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Actually I think you would pop like a balloon instantly when exposed to vacuum..

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Negatory. Pressure of a vacuum would squeeze you, not inflate you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. lol think about what you posted there..

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yeah, I kind of thought about it before I wrote it. Easily searchable....

• Like Like x 1
  7. #7 OZs_786, Jul 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
    In space no one can hear you in space

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. My guess is you would not be able to breath in or out. It would drive your mind crazy go out thinking you are going to breath in then cant so you go to breath out and.... uggghhh dead

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. I forgot about the air being sucked out. Could you just hold your breath?

Sent from my LG-M322 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. I don't think the pressure would let you keep it held in. The space suits are pressure suits, kind of like going deep sea diving, you have to have special equipment to keep you from getting crushed by the pressure.

11. No one knows what space is like cause we never been its all faked.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. And the Earth is flat too.... Lol

• Like Like x 2
  13. lol that discussion needs its own thread

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Your lungs would instantly freeze.

15. Your lungs would instantly freeze.

16. It is amazing what can run through your mind after taking some good dab hits iv been mowing grass before and think what if i died and am just imagining myself mowing grass. In all serious i think it would squish you when you opened the pressurized space suit so you wouldnt get a chance to take a breath.

17. The vacuum of space is the OPPOSITE of the pressure we live in in our atmosphere (about 15pi) that we are used to and the opposite of diving where pressure goes up even further..

Astronauts have pressure suits to keep 1 bar (atmospheric) of pressure on them so they don't pop.. The suit is like a balloon to keep pressure on the guy..

18. I still say theres a pic of neil Armstrong taking a bong rip on the moon landing set it disappeard during watergate coincidence or not hmmm

19. The only way to create pressure is to have resistance ..
    Doesn't the same go for creating a vacuum ?