What do you think of the nuclear disaster....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Possuum, Nov 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Do not panic, the "Government" is on the way and they are going to "Fix" everything.

2. The real is issue is how to extinguish molten reactors. Next time they better put the back up generators 100ft higher than sea level.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Too bad our fusion research is so sparsely funded, it is an indication to me that there are power players that don't want it to come to fruition.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. New clear energy is by far the safest environmentally friendly method for mass electric generation. There is no substitute for it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. yeah except all those awesome windmills in texas froze which was one of the biggest factors in the 3 day blackout.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Perhaps they should have spent the money to have installed the right options that would have prevented them from freezing. Also that shouldn't have been a big enough drop to account for the blackouts. There were issues with gas too.

[​IMG]

:smoke:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Right. yeah. spend even more on windmills so they are even less competitive with dinosaur squeezin's. makes sense.

8. Where do you get the idea that they are less competitive?

Land-based utility-scale wind is one of the lowest-priced energy sources available today, costing 1–2 cents per kilowatt-hour after the production tax credit.

It's like buying a block heater for your car when you live in Alaska. Much smarter to protect it rather than have to replace the motor.

:smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  9. If windmills are so competitive, why arent more energy companies building them?

10. Completely a question I've been asking myself for a while, enigmatic to me. Politics will/would boil it down to economic distribution, money, that kind of thing. Middle ground from my perception will say ergonomics, conspiracy will/would say, pardon, suffocation of the mass "conglomeration," if one may.

Perhaps it's really just the timescale implementation of the technology, which is what I've really leaned on when I think about it. The nature of, purposely, specifically, of my life as I've known it, or general consensus.

11. Zone 7-10 are really the only places that wind and solar make sense. 2-6, it just doesnt work. Not enough sun and to much snow.

sure, if I lived in zone 9, i would definitely look into a solar roof. but up here in zone 4, the roof is covered in snow 4-5 months of the year and 75% of the days are overcast.

12. They did lots of wind testing in my area and it was slated for a big farm on privately owned lands. The landowners of the farm area were all onboard. A group opposed it, fought it in court and blocked it. Same thing is happening right now in another area nearby. Lots of people don't like them, me included.
    I think they disrupt natural air currents, cause inversions, fog, stagnant air. We'll figure it all out someday like hydro electric. Take a large cool flowing river like the Columbia, stop it to a large warm stagnant pond with dams, prolly doesn't effect climate change at all.

13. fyi, japan's TEPCO has decided to dump 1,000,000 tons of "treated" fukushima waste water into the ocean. who didn't see this coming? this article says it will begin dumping in 2 years. maybe actions like this have bee going elsewhere and we just dont hear about it.

Fukushima: Japan announces it will dump contaminated water into sea

fukushima water tanks_0.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Yeah, it's fucked up! idiots are just gonna let it drain the ocean for the next 2 years. I had a little debate with this moron co2 global warming believer and they were actually pushing for more nuclear power plants. And these assholes have the nerve to call themselves environmentalists? I live in Oregon and worried about the fish getting contaminated with radioactive shit. Oregon is almost directly across from Japan and I believe many years ago they found radiative material washing up on the coast.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Biden commended them for being so forthcoming and telling us.

Clown.

US backs Japan over release of contaminated nuclear plant water into sea

j

• Agree Agree x 1

16. it's because Kerry told him to say that. Mr. Climate Czar John Kerry will "keep an eye on things".

NK is a country that might decide to cancel those plans of Japan. SK certainly has strong objections. i dont eat anything that comes out of the ocean these days and haven't for many moons which is a shame because i used to love ocean fish and crustaceans - still do love them i just dont eat them anymore.

Kerry says U.S. taking wait-and-see stance on Fukushima water release

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. That’ll teach those seals and wildlife, toxic sludge dumped into the ocean what’ a catastrophe… when humanity blows itself up the roaches will hopefully survive and evolve into predators and aliens …
    It’s like the bp oil spill clearly could had been stopped with proper ship
    Design . Hiding nuclear waste in mountains so when tech plates move it’s all released or a volcano explodes it into the air … is a better solution then dumping it into ocean . 1million gallons must be a immense storage tank …