Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What did I do wrong?/ Tips?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by dummymeowmeow, Jan 11, 2021.

1. I'm unsure if this is an issue with the Ardent Lift or if it is an issue with my body or tolerance.

I used 1g of 27% product and decarbed it in the Lift, then after that, I used the silicone sleeve and added 0.75 cup of unfiltered olive oil. Tbh I forgot to put the silicone top on it but I remembered the black top. I let that infuse for a full cycle. After using a calculator, I should have had about 11mg per tablespoon which is a little more than I can typically handle (3.5-5mg can get me relaxed-comfortably high). However...? I didn't get super stoned like usual. Is this an issue with A) Ardent Lift, B)unfiltered olive oil, C) Using a sativa leaning strain or D) Leaving the silicone top off during infusion..? Or something else? My digestive system?? pls halp

2. Are you sure your gram was 27%? As a rule of thumb a lot of people use 15% as a guide. If a top bud did test at 27% That doesn't mean the whole of the buds were 27%.

Even if it was 27%, you don't extract 100% of all possible cannabinoids. More likely in the 80% range.

Id guess your numbers may have been off.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. 1g in 3/4 c. of oil sounds like the problem. I'm no expert though.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. You used 177ml of oil to 1G of weed??? That's what Google is saying 0.75 cups is in ml.. if that's correct that's way too much oil imo for 1g

5. I used 5 tbsps of oil which is 73.9338ml the other day on 14gs when I made edibles :smoke:

6. Yea bruv, way too much oil for just a gram.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. are you a seasoned smoker/partaker tho? 10mg in edibles is usually my max dosage that I can handle. So I guess I’m confused with the chart saying that 1tbsp of my measurements would be 10mg!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks for the input!!! I just assumed so because that’s what it said on the dispensary label. What would be the proper amount of oil to get a low/standard dosage you think? My aim is 10mg or at least to have an idea. I get panic attacks pretty easy if I go up by too much.

9. I've been smoking for 10+ years & I've been using edibles daily for pain relief since 2018.. I'm by no means an expert with edibles but people on here who I'd say are experts have helped me:confused_2:

@BrassNwood @PsychedelicSam I'm sure 1 of these will be more then happy to help you once they see the tag:smoke:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. I guess I’m confused since the calculator shows that a tablespoon would be 10mg, which would be a little more than enough for me since I’m a lightweight

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. I also have no idea what mg the edibles I make are as everything is purchased from dealers :laughing:, all I really know is the stronger the better for me :confused_2::smoking:

12. #12 MIW, Jan 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    3/4 of a cup is 12 tbs.
    216mg would be 80% of 270mg (assuming your 27% 1 gram bud)
    216mg divided by 12tbs (.75 cup) is 18mg but its obvious you don't have 18mg in each tbs. With your low tolerance probably not even half or 9 mg in a tablespoon.

So not knowing the amount of cannabinoids accurately id just gradually increase your dosage for a trial and error. Could you have eaten a teaspoon instead of a tablespoon of oil?

BTW One way to not get panicky is to include a little cbd's in your medibles. It takes off those rough edges.

13. Sativa could have something to do with it. The Lift is gentler than an oven decarb and stove infusion and retains more of those terpenes. It's a good possibility your feeling the Sativa. In edibles they have a tendency to have more head than body and you may just feel really good or energetic. They have a different kind of effect than an Indica. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. This makes sense! If I oven decarbed it would I get more of that “heavy high” feeling? Or would it be the same?

15. The trouble with really weak oil is the diarrhea it can cause because your eating so much of it to get a buzz.
    The Coconut oil we recommend is more prone to this then many other oils.
    Make strong oils and use a few drops.
    All the Magic Kitchen cannabis gadgets have the same issue. Weak assed oils.

1 gram of buds = half teaspoon of oil.
    Works out to about 1mg per drop.

Many of us use BadKats recipe for oil.

Decarb 240 F for 40 minutes uncovered

5 grams of decarbed Kief or Hash or Powdered buds
    1 tablespoon Coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes

For more sleeper grade add 4 or more additional heat and freezes
    [​IMG]

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Been running BadKats recipes for many years with success <3

Always vouch for her methods.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. People are always complaining about how they can't tell any difference in Sativa or Indica edibles, especially DIY. They always get a body buzz but not cerebral like you expect from a good Sativa. It's the terpenes that actually provide many of those effects and they are lost during the oven decarb. The Lift significantly decreases that loss. I've run lab tests on flower decarbed in the Lift and it retained a larger portion of those terpenes than any other method I've tested.

Also, if you're using a Sativa and want to tamp it down a little then you can always cook your oil longer. The longer it heats the more sedate it will become. Heat/freeze cycles can do it, too. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. I'd use and ounce with a cup of coconut oil.