What are you reading!?

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by Dryice, Mar 13, 2010.

1. I Decided Ima Read Through all My Stephen King Books again...because I Forget So Much. I'm Starting With The Green Mile tho.

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. 63 documents the government does not want you to read.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Now Reading Pet Sematary By Stephen King. I Remember it Being a Scary/Creepy Story but Not Much Else.

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. King is one of my all time favourite writers - I've read a bunch of his books (but not enough), and I discovered the Tower series after a friend reccommended it. But I think the Stand is my favourite

Currently I am reading The Wheel of Time series, and I'm on the second book

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1

5. Yea His Imagination is Off The Damn Chain! The Stand is Really Cool...that's The First Book I ever Read by Him My Dad Gave it To Me. If You Haven't already Check Out "Rose Madder" by SK it's Pretty Cool an One of My Other Favs too.

~Toni~

6. Now Just About to Start "Cujo" By SK Now lol this The Next Book of His I'm Reading. Whenever I Get The Chance too...Probably Tonight.

~Toni~

7. Now on Fire Starter by Stephen King. One of My Favs TBH. I Love Stories Where People Have Special Powers. It One if My Biggest Fantasies to Have them My Self...the Tings I Would Do Man FrFr.

~Toni~

• Like Like x 2
  8. "What To Expect: The First Year"

Parenting Book.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. #3349 Dizzy, Apr 1, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
    "Carrie" by Stephen King! :) Another Lucky Person With Super Powers.

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  10. Now Going to Start The Shiniing By SK Later Tonight When The Kids in Bed.

~Toni~

11. Annie Jacobsen Surprise Kill Vanish.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Now Reading "Misery" by Stephen King! Book is Pretty Wild!

~Toni~

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Favorite SK book :) The first book that gave me insight into the father/daughter dynamic (Cormac McCarthy's The Road for father/son)

No daughter yet but I hope I get one with fire magic!

• Winner Winner x 1

14. Ohhh Yes It Isa Great Story My Favorite Too. Sad Ending Tho if You Know What I Mean? I Hope You Get a Daughter With Fire Magic too lol. I Sooo Wish I Had Some Kinda Special Powers then I Could Be Alot Braver in Life.

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  15. I am still reading this, the 3rd Game of Thrones book. It has been approximately 7 months.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. #3356 AcousticToker, Apr 16, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    Get the finger oot.

Edit:

[​IMG]

"Ben Law has lived as a woodsman in Prickly Nut Wood for over 20 years. His authentic, incredible sense of the land and the wildlife, and his respect for age old traditions and how to sustain them offers a wonderful, inviting insight into the life and character of Prickly Nut Wood.

Having travelled to Papua New Guinea and the Amazon, observing age-old techniques for living in, working in and preserving forests and woodland, Ben Law felt compelled to return home and apply his learnings to a 400 year old plot of woodland near where he grew up, Prickly Nut Wood.

This is the story of how he came to know and love his woodland, how he lived off the land, how he coppiced and hedged and created charcoal, how he puddled and built shelter, and finally how he carved out his famous, characterful woodland home that Kevin McCloud has cited as his favourite ever Grand Design.

And it’s the story of the wood itself, how it lives and breathes and affects all those who encounter it, and how it’s developed over the twenty incredible years Ben has shared in its lifespan.

It’s an incredibly transporting tale that will make you long to hear the dawn chorus, and appreciate the beauty of Britain’s pockets of woodland. 160pp.
    "

• Like Like x 1
  17. Nightmares And Dreamscapes.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Now Reading "Christine" by Stephen King too Just Started it tho...on Page 3 lol.

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  19. #3359 cigarjack, Apr 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
    "Vision Of The Anointed" by Thomas Sowell

This turned out to be one of the most enlightening books I've ever read. A brilliant exercise in critical thinking. Of course if you're one of the anointed, you might not like being exposed.

20. Starrrted The TommyKnockers By Stephen King Last Night :)

~Toni~