What are you reading!?

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by Dryice, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Anyone.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Continuing Star Wars Heir to the Empire. First book in the Thrawn trilogy. 9/10 for me so far.

3. Apathy by Paul Neilan

• Winner Winner x 3
  4. [​IMG]
    I forgot to post about it but i read Heretics of Dune and Dune Chapterhouse. I don't think I'm going to read his son's series though.

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. [​IMG]

Totally enjoyed this book.

:smoke:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. [​IMG]
    I have most if not everything he every wrote and we'll no doubt get more snow and I'll have a few weeks to re-read much of it.
    On a planet now very far away they had used book stores and for a couple of bucks you could walk out with a whole shopping bag of books.

BNW

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. [​IMG]
    A visceral and momentous narrative of the first twenty-four hours of D-Day on Omaha Beach: the most dramatic Allied landing of World War II.

Early in 1944, German commander Field Marshal Erwin Rommel took a look at the sloping sands and announced "They will come here!” He was referring to "Omaha Beach”. The beach was then transformed into three miles of lethal, bunker-protected arcs of fire, with seaside chalets converted into concrete strongpoints, with layers of barbed wire and mines

Lying around the house, can't remember how it got here, but over Christmas took a page, and found it Great!
    ..non stop fantastic detail ...like you are their, biggest fear the germans had was being sent to the east

9/10 (thats 24 hours on Omaha Beach)

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. I dont have enough money to read that book lol

j

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. The Ghost of King Leopold. It essentially follows the story of looting of the Congo by the Belgium king.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Haven't read a book on it, but I've read some stuff about the congo under belgium control. Absolutely sickening stuff.

Anything specific that has stood out to you?

11. Right now I am reading Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne but up next in the queue:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. if you've ever caddy'd, played golf or know someone who plays golf... read this book.

IMG_3770.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Technically I'm listening to it

14. Grateful American. Gary Sinise's autobiography

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1